Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 AM   #1
KennyDean

2015 25RKS water heater

Hello ,
Anyone out there SOS! Need guidance to locate tank and the bypass valves so I can winterize my rig. Thank you! Have contacted keystone but no return. Thank u!
KennyDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Go outside your trailer and locate the water heater. With one finger, point to the lower left hand corner (as you face the water heater). Visually determine where that space would be inside your trailer. Go inside, locate the hatch/panel/drawer that must be removed to access that spot on what would be the "back of the water heater". From the inside of your trailer, as you face the back of the water heater, the bypass valve will be on the lower right corner of the water heater, on the 1/2" PEX line that goes into the water heater.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
KennyDean

JRTJH
Thank you sir! You have answered a major question of several. No excuses however having a TBI I forget a lot but now write everything down in my rv book. I really messed up and learned a big lesson not winterizing last year. Had to replace every faucet and other parts. Need to save $ as the cost is $110 to have someone do it. Have another question you might be able to answer is do I have a valve that would allow me to add anti freeze into the black tank area? Do I need to? Thanks again.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:12 AM   #4
KennyDean

Valterra P23506LFVP Lead Free Pump Converter Kit

Hello again
Is this (Valterra P23506LFVP Lead Free Pump Converter Kit) what I need to connect to my water pump and into the anti freeze to winterize? I getting all my questions answered. But need to know so I can order off amazon. Thank you
Old 08-30-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

The kit looks like it would work. It also looks like it is one you can leave in place after you connect it. Just connect your incoming water line to it, the hose for the anti freeze jug and the other end screws into the pump.

As far as the black tank, there isn't a hose or connection to put anti freeze into it. You could drain it thoroughly and probably get by with it but if you are in Marlyand I would definitely pour some (cup or 2) down the toilet to make sure the valve didn't freeze. You can do the same in your gray tanks. Be sure and thoroughly drain your fresh water tank as well. I wouldn't put anti freeze in it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
KennyDean

Thank you for the great information. I live in MD but trailer is in Nashville, TN.
I am going down there in a couple weeks for grandson bd. And going to winterize it at that time. Just want everything there when I get there. So I don’t want to drive all around to pick things up.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
KennyDean

I would like to give a shot out to
Kevin Hoffman
Parts Manager @ Keystone RV Mega Center
[email protected]
717-597-0939
He was so helpful to me in all my situations. Wrote a lot down in steps and sent pictures to me showing the locations of my gear. Plus all the rv’er on her filling in too. Blessed to have you all on my side.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:20 AM   #8
Carvendive

Yes and yes to putting antifreeze in black and grey tanks.

When you pour the antifreeze into your sinks it's flushing water out of the P-traps and into your grey tanks. I keep the dump valve open to get rid of as much water as possible but some always puddles in the tank so you should put enough antifreeze in to help offset the water. Not much, maybe 8-16 oz.

As mentioned in the other thread, it also helps lubricant the dump valves.
Carvendive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater