Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Devildogmom

Question Cougar 327RES

Any comments good or bad about the 327RES?
Devildogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Tom and Kelley Crawford

We have had our Cougar 327RES for a year now and absolutely love it. A few minor issues taken care of by dealer under warranty. Wish they would make an adjustment on the cabinet door with the drawers in the kitchen, I cut my knuckles every time I open that cabinet but other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.
Tom and Kelley Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
KanTC

Welcome Devildogmom,

That Cougar model was new for 2010, but there are a few 327RES owners here -- they simply may not have read your posts yet.

As a registered member you can use the search function... I found several posts that contained "Cougar 327RES". The posts may not answer specific questions, but may be helpful.

To 'search': Sign in, then click on the search tab (located on the blue bar, at the top of the page) A drop-down 'Search Forums' window will open; type in: Cougar 327RES Click on 'show posts', then 'Go".

My directions may be 'confusing', and if so, please check the FAQ's.

Hope this helps!

Terri, the co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
66ken

We purchased our 327 in April 2010. Had some minor issues that I was able to correct myself, but nothing that had to go back to dealer.(Kinked hose on back flush and some leaks on fittings) For the money you will not find a better buy. Most people who have seen it, think it is one of the higher priced units.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
byrdr1

We got one in late September. Camped in it 12 nights before closing for Winter. So far I found nothing I dont like about it. My wife and I looked at 5ers for close to 2 years before finding this model and she fell in love with it. We moved from a Cougar TT with quad bunks to this mom&pop version of a 5th wheel. I have found one PIB. that was winterizing it with the waterpump behind the front basement wall. Had to climb into the bay to remove the panel and get access to the pump. This was Just a PIB. also it started snowing on me that day...Other than that I have found no major problems. OH yes the knife drawer has fallen from the tracks inside the cabinet by the stove. I will be looking at that once the weather starts to warm up.
Really we havent had time to find much wrong yet!
I did add extra 13.5BTU AC in the front bedroom and awning covers. plan to add a vent cover over the bathroom vent, again when the weather warms up. This winter has been bad around here.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Devildogmom

Wink

Thanks, KanTC, for the helpful advise about the search function. That saves a lot of time when looking for a certain subject.
Devildogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
chuckretnav

327res

We bought our 327res in Jul 2010. Have really enjoyed it. So far we have done local camping and then we took a trip to Texas last Nov then over to Florida then back to Indiana. We had to winterize during a artic freeze on the way home. Trailer stay plenty warm and so far no problems other than just getting used to things. We swaped out the recliners for lazaboy, and added a A/C for the front bedroom, that we use during the day. We turn it off at night it is rather loud. We are getting close to getting it serviced for the season and then it off to Washington DC to see the cherry trees in bloom and all the wonderful sights of Washington. This model came out after the wife and I started looking and soon as we saw it and did a side by side comparsion on other models this had it hands down. One thing we don't like is the steps going up to the front they are a little taller than normal and I am going to add a assist handle. Also I keep a folding step ladder handy for the tall cabinets. But we love it. someone else said everyone thinks its a high end fiver. Happy Trails enjoy the camping season.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
smabernethy

2012 327res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildogmom View Post
Any comments good or bad about the 327RES?
Picked ours up about 3 weeks ago..... 2 shake down cruises and no problems.... love the floor plan!!!

2012 Keystone Cougar 327res 5th Wheel
2006 F-350 Dually
smabernethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
CAREYBD

Awning not properly installed caused rain water leaks inside along awning rail

2014 Cougar 327RES-month trip to Charleston SC for Mother's Day.

Raining down the walls! Trouble shooting leaks.

According to manual, Electric Awning needs to be removed, caulked, taped & reinstalled. Can do temp fix tomorrow since we have 3 more weeks camping but will take it to dealer.
Checking with insurance, wall boards hall, around door and bedroom may need to be replaced. Paper is punched up by the leaks along awning line.

Still raining here, took stress off awning by retracting,
still water is seeping down walls bedroom, hall, by door, wetting floor, first stair, bedroom bureau, hall puddles of water.

Also Lane faux leather furniture is delaminating, will have to replace recliners and L shaped sofa.

Have extended warranty hope it covers something??
CAREYBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #10
CAREYBD

CW in Charleston is booked.
Made CW In FL appt when we get back in June, for awning, walls, hall window (leaked in between hermetically sealed new window and inside screen), and delaminating Lane faux leather recliners and L shaped couch.

DH said I cannot buy a new rig???

Extended warranty good til 5/2018. Hope it covers above.
In retrospect retracting awning took stress off but may have put more water into channel and down our walls.

CW said to let it dry down, apply silicone.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #11
Tbos

I'd get a good dehumidifier and run it and the AC in there at the same time. Someone needs to get on the roof and or a ladder and check the seals around the roof, walls and windows. Hope you can get it taken care of soon.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:14 AM   #12
CAREYBD

inspection, awning is fine, needs some silicone around light strip wiring opening).

roof inspection-
roof has multiple 1"-2" tears in TPO that run intermittently for approx 15 ft. from front high point of RV roof to doorway (best guess is while driving collision with a branch according to Insurance).

Insurance Authorized temp repair til it goes in to CW in FL 6/7/2017. CW has 3 week wait in que. Said leave it for 3+ weeks.

Tech people at CW both Charleston & Summerfield FL were terrific. Great advice and hand holding.

Good Sam Insurance was responsive, immediately filed the claim, didn't even want pics, walked us thru process.
Only call them if temp repair is over $500 (deductible).

CW carries TP roof repair 25 ft strip in a roll( approx 4" wide),
verbally walked us thru trimming damage edges, dicor cleaner and applying repair strip of TPO, rolling strip.
Best advice let it dry......"as strand board holds water". Its been 90 degrees for 3 days and rain should hold off til weekend.

Insurance "do not apply any unauthorized fix, other cements/products can disintergrate TPO".

I am not going to do this temp repair. Retired civil engineer, 73 & holding want to make it to 74, RV, travel and boat!

Mobile RV repair service echoed same approach as CW.
Will come and do repair.

FL CW will do final repair, check walls, floor, hall window for water intrusion.

Thanks for advice, no evidence of odor, mold or water in basement.
Wall paper has small intermittent puckers at the ceiling along drip line.

Like the idea of annual roof inspection, and hiring some younger person to clean/treat/inspect the roof!
Old 05-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #13
CAREYBD

Great mobile service 1st Choice RV Charleston, SC.
Rips in TPO were right over the seam of strand board.