Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2018, 03:57 AM   #1
Frederick

Refrigerator another drain question

I have a 2014 Alpine and have looked behind the outside vents and do not see a drain hose any ideas where it was run to or do I not have one
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If you have a residential fridge you won’t have one. If you have an RV fridge it will, and if you know the brand I can tell you where to look.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:52 AM   #3
Frederick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If you have a residential fridge you won’t have one. If you have an RV fridge it will, and if you know the brand I can tell you where to look.
It is a domestic fridge
Old 09-26-2018, 04:57 AM   #4
Frederick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
It is a domestic fridge
that was supposed to be Dometic F
Old 09-26-2018, 06:27 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Dometic refers have a drain tube that comes out the back of the refer in the center, goes down between the cooling unit coils and exits past the access panel.

When you look inside the fridge, the condensation drain pan underneath the fins will give you the location where the drain tube connects. If it’s missing/broken off, there was a thread this week on replacing it. I’m on my phone so I can’t post the link, but I think the title was drain tube.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Frederick

found the drain tube mine was black corrugated with a clear plastic end it was stuffed in the metal frame with the electric lines putting this info out there in case someone else goes looking.. Im glad most of are heavy refer was done in AZ
Old 09-26-2018, 06:11 PM   #7
TN Traveler

Glad you found it - just make sure it can drain to the outside. Also, great information from John regarding a plug cap on the end of the drain tube - keeps the bugs out while allowing the drain to work properly.
B&W Companion

TN Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
Snoking

While we are on the refer drain subject our PC outdoor kitchen unit leaks water in the kitchen area day during the day when we drive without it having AC power. Anyone have a solution for this?
Old 09-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

You may be able to find (or build) a drip pan, similar to those sold at Lowe's or HD to place under washing machines or water heaters. Another solution could be to install a 12 volt circuit in the outdoor kitchen area and plug the refrigerator into an inverter during towing. If you consider that, be sure to unplug/disable the inverter when parked for an extended time while towing. The refrigerator could, at least in theory, discharge your camper battery system while you spend a few hours going through an attraction, only to come out and find the slide won't retract.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:07 PM   #10
Snoking

I have been thinking about it. First step is going to be creating a dam to force the water to the drain hole on the rear of the lower shelf. Second step will be to direct the water overboard or catch it. Beer is staying cool for the 6 hours on the road today.

I will have to peek under it and see if there is a drain catch basin. Maybe look at the manual if there is one.

OK manual was in drawer in outside kitchen and it says there is a catch pan, and to check that the drain hose leads to it. So maybe I just need a dam. Chris
Old 09-27-2018, 03:38 AM   #11
Frederick

yes the cap info is good mine had small holes in a clear plastic end there might be a way to buy the end from keystone by the way my refer was installed by camping world
Old 10-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #12
Car54whereami

Dometic fridge.

I have a 2011 keystone fusion.my fridge is working, but the defrost drain line crumbles everytime I touch it, and have been told that to replace it i have to remove the fridge. Any truth to that????. Thx.
Car54whereami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain