Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #1
jimthemosaicguy

Fuzion Omni Chill Super High Efficiency a/c system

Curious if anyone has this.

Has it completely changed how you feel about RV a/c systems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimthemosaicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Yeah, I got that and wondered the same thing. Unless they did something major electrically I figure it's probably just some sort of sales gimmick and they've downgraded the ability of the ACs to lower the power draw. Be interesting to see how well it works.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #3
xrated

So with that system, you've got three 9000 BTU units running instead of a traditional setup of two 15,000 BTU units running. Let's see....27,000 BTUs vs 30,000 BTUs !! Am I missing something here? Does less = more?
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I think from reading it that in will now allow you to run all 3 ACs at the same time eliminating, I guess, the warm areas in a large trailer created by only being able to run 2 of the 3 AC units???
Old 10-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
rrjernigan

It sounds like another misleading claim by Keystone. They never learn.
rrjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjernigan View Post
It sounds like another misleading claim by Keystone. They never learn.

I don't know that it's "another misleading claim by Keystone" or just another effort, by another RV manufacturer (they all do it) to out do the rest of the makers. Having 3 ACs and only being able to run 2, rotating them around, has long been a complaint of that setup and irritating from what I can tell. To be able to run 3 ACs at the same time, eliminating temperature variations throughout the coach, seems like a sensible thing. If it actually works and keeps the coach as cool as a person would like, and has some flexibility, seems like it might be a good idea. For me, I don't care if I have 2 15k, 3 15k, 3 13.5k etc; the bottom line is keeping it as cool as I want the way I want it......
Old 10-20-2017, 03:59 AM   #7
rrjernigan

It's misleading because to achieve this great break through they simply lowered the power of the a/c units. Perhaps it will cool better, perhaps not. It's similar to Keystone's claim that Montana is a full time RV. Well, yes it is if you don't get the Lippert levellers. Is it is if you get them and don't mind living with a loud popping noise everytime you shift your weight. So sure, they have three a/c units working at once, I can setup three fans with ice in front of them and call it three a/c units working at once but it does not mean the unit is cooling. From my brief experience, Keystone lies and doesn't care one bit about their full time living customers, so pardon me if I take this latest break through with a grain of salt.
rrjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:43 AM   #8
Robdog

I have it, and its not a very good deal! My previous trailer being the same length with 1-15k and 1 13.5k did a much better job of keeping it cool than the 3 units.
Robdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #9
Robdog

Thumbs down

After using the Omni-Chill system through the summer bottom line in my opinion it SUCKS, when the sun goes down and the temp drops below 90 it will finally start cooling well. During the day at 104 trailer warms up inside to 85 degrees, dealer claims 20* below ambient is all ac can do. I call BS you can do that with evaporative cooling.

After 6 months of owning my 2018 Fuzion 369 (I only had it 3 months dealer had it the rest of the time) I'm done biggest waste of money and Mike Thompson RV in California is a joke when it comes to service!!!
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!
Robdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:04 AM   #10
notanlines

Rob, I looked at Mike Thompson's reviews online. Easy to find, hard to ignore the warning signs present. Nothing higher than a 2 1/2 star average. This even came from Yelp....
"A number of positive reviews for this business originated from the same IP address. Our automated recommendation software has taken this into account in choosing which reviews to display, but we wanted to call this to your attention because someone may be trying to artificially inflate the rating for this business."
When you're spending that kind of money it is better to investigate.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #11
wiredgeorge

Rather than Keystone sticking 3 a/c units in the big trailers, they might want to work on a little better insulation. I would be willing to loose an inch or two in the ceiling and walls plus some better double pane windows for a few dollars more. There are a number of "arctic" models out there supposedly set up for cold weather; why not just put a bunch of insulation in that same arctic model as well the heated belly? Would be an intelligent and welcome option...
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #12
rsl

I am wondering why the RV manufactures have not started using the many split systems like the ones going in a lot of S & B homes. You can get much more cooling/heating capacity, much quieter, much less amp draw, and much less expensive then the traditional RV Air conditioning unit....
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:22 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

I'm not privy to Keystone's decision making but the added insulation and split systems would be added weight. Load capacities are a sales point (look at pick up truck trends) A reduction in load reserve would require higher capacity axles, rims, tires, etc. resulting in higher cost, lower sales. RV's are a compromise in every respect but Keystone, like every manufacturer irregards of the product, have one goal and that's increasing sales. The climate in Wall Street has been placing greater pressure on increased sales for the last 30 years or so as investors are in for short term gains.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

To add to flybouy's comments, THOR (who owns about 75% of the RV manufacturing capacity) is definitely in the market to make money for the investors. They do that by selling the most competitive product at the lowest price (and installing the current color trends on furniture coverings).... Yeah, visual sells as much as the mechanicals, maybe even more.....

What usually happens is one manufacturer will try a new product, a new technique a new appliance line and, if it works, start changing over more models.

If you consider THOR, usually what they do is "test the product" in one RV brand, if it flies, they use it in more brands, if it fails, they've "limited their losses to only one brand"... So, today it's "OMNI-CHILL" in the Fuzion line is probably a "test market"... THOR did the same thing with the "Glass touch panel system" in Cougar fifth wheels in 2013/2014, that failed miserably and they went back to manual switches until the "In-Command" was introduced. Notice that also started in one brand, has now become "standard equipment" on about half of Keystone's brands and is growing in popularity. Jayco did it with an electric fireplace, back in the 90's... Imagine that, a fireplace in a travel trailer???? Now, it's standard equipment on almost every "larger fifth wheel and many travel trailers"....

Don't think for a minute that introducing the "Furrion line of quality appliances" was "across the board"... It started in one brand, and is gradually being installed in more and more lines.

Essentially, if Keystone isn't copying Forest River, then Forest River is copying Keystone. THOR realizes this and tests the water with new products (on a limited scale) every year.

What works gets used, what fails gets canned.....

I'm guessing that unless the Omni-Chill system can be "ironed out" it'll only have been available in Fuzion fifth wheels in the 2019 model year.... Owners of those trailers will either hate it, disable it or learn to live with it. Future owners won't have the choice......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion