Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
Xsv

Negative experience with Tadi Brothers (backup cam)

I purchased a 2016 Keystone 311 toyhauler this summer. I wanted a backup cam for not only backing up, but to also assist in monitoring traffic behind me when towing. I saw some positive experiences with https://www.tadibrothers.com/
And thought I would try them. I ordered a hd cam with a 7 inch clip on monitor designed to clip onto your rear view mirror. Unfortunately the clamping system would not work on my Onstar mirror.

I called tadi brothers and they assured me the 9 inch clip on would work. I would be charged the price of the 9 inch monitor. They would send me the 9 inch along with a prepaid shipping label to return the 7 inch monitor.

The 9 inch clip on monitor arrived and I found the footprint identical to the 7 inch. Subsequently it would not clip onto the onstar mirror.

I called tadi brothers again. I said forget the clip on variety. I ordered a replacement mirror with the monitor built in. Again, I paid for the new mirror. I was told that I could send the 9 inch and 7 inch monitor back in the same box using their prepaid label. Good enough. The monitors were returned on approximately June 10, 2018 and the 3rd mirror shoe we’d up a few days later.

The 3rd mirror worked. All is good except the refund for the 9 inch monitor.

When a few weeks had passed I noticed no refund to my credit card. A call to customer service, which more often than not results in them calling you back several hours later, and I learned they never received the return package.

Several more calls over the upcoming weeks and I got the same answer. I pointed out that it was under their prepaid shipping label and they should be able to track it. I was advised it would be difficult to find the tracking number.

I called them back on August 7, 2018 and was told they had finally found it. Fantastic...when will I see a refund? I was told it will “post at the end of the week”

It is now September 17, 2018. 5 weeks later and no refund has occurred, no email, and no phone calls from them.

I am blown away that a company would scoff at the whopping amount of $86 that they owe me. I guess their integrity can be sold fairly cheap.
Buyer beware....very poor business practice, lack of knowledge to their own products, lack of good communication all add to a poor experience.
Xsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:21 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

From what I saw I would not have purchased their product, but, that is something that folks make a decision on....YMMV
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #3
Xsv

Interestingly enough the BBB has a similar complaint with this company regarding a refund. Well now they have another.

Yes, knowing I had an upcoming trip with the fifth wheel I probably rushed this purchase. I am normally much more diligent in my research.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Xsv

Just to close the loop. A complaint filed with a manager at the company and a BBB complaint resulted in them issuing a refund. In all fairness, the manager agreed to the refund prior to him learning of the BBB complaint.

Still would not recommend the company.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #5
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsv View Post
Just to close the loop. A complaint filed with a manager at the company and a BBB complaint resulted in them issuing a refund. In all fairness, the manager agreed to the refund prior to him learning of the BBB complaint.

Still would not recommend the company.
Thank you for the original post AND the follow up post informing us of the resolution....and the company. Tadi was one of the places that I've been looking at for purchase of a rear view camera system for my Toy Hauler....they have no been removed from my list as possible candidates. I simply abhor poor customer service, no matter how good or bad a product they sell. Thanks again for the update.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for the follow up and closing the loop. It's nice to know the final resolution of issues brought up.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote