Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldKingKibitzer View Post
I was thinking of doing this. Would this provide me charging of the battery and 12V to see if the 12v appliances work?

I ordered a Multi-meter- I will check voltage and report back! My suspicion is that the battery is toast...Which sucks however I was going to add a second battery and would have had to purchase two at the same time to make sure that all worked correctly!
Before doing anything check the water level in the battery. If it's low top it off, preferably with distilled water. Charging using the truck would be very slow. It should however provide enough power to test the fridge on propane and the hot water heater on propane as well as lights. The wire from the truck is probably not heavy enough for a large amperage draw such as slides or levelers. If you jump from one battery to another with good heavy jumper cables (like jump starting a car) then you should be able to run anything that operates on 12 v dc. Charging would still take some time. If the battery solenoid works when connected to the truck in either method then I would let it charge about 10 or 15 minutes and disconnect the truck and try it. If it has enough charge to work then plug in the shore power. I wouldn't recommend connecting the truck and shore power (110V) at the same time as there is a possibility of damaging the truck's alternator or the trailer's converter. Let us know how it goes.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #22
OldKingKibitzer

Alrighty- SO checked the battery's voltage...and it's a whopping 2.25 volts...Soooo she dead. I'm planning on taking it to a battery store to be load tested and charged and then go from there. What would be my next course of action if that does not work?
OldKingKibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:08 AM   #23
mazboy

forget a battery test. buy a new battery!

when you store the trailer take of the negative wire.
and never run your battery down sooooo low again.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, power