Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2021, 03:10 PM   #901
Summergirl

It has been a busy month with the trailer. We upgraded the suspension with Morryde wet bolts and CRE2-1000 equalizer and new Carlisle “D” rated tires.
Added a 80W solar panel system for charging the battery when boondocking.
This weekend entailed:
Getting on the roof and installing the Micro-air easy start on the AC. All wired in and trained. Works like a charm with the 2200 genny now.
Next on the list while on the roof was to inspect, clean and fill any voids that looked like it could be a problem.
Still while on the roof, installed the Max-air II vent covers. No more rain inside the vents.
Further down the list was to insulate the pass through to help with the cold weather camping.
Among other little things like putting up coat hooks, USB ports, propane tank monitors, sealing slam hatches, and organizing every thing..
After five months in the hands of Keystone (missing an entire camping season last year) for the floor replacement, I was happy to finally put all the goodies that I acquired on.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #902
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl View Post
It has been a busy month with the trailer. We upgraded the suspension with Morryde wet bolts and CRE2-1000 equalizer and new Carlisle “D” rated tires.
Added a 80W solar panel system for charging the battery when boondocking.
This weekend entailed:
Getting on the roof and installing the Micro-air easy start on the AC. All wired in and trained. Works like a charm with the 2200 genny now.
Next on the list while on the roof was to inspect, clean and fill any voids that looked like it could be a problem.
Still while on the roof, installed the Max-air II vent covers. No more rain inside the vents.
Further down the list was to insulate the pass through to help with the cold weather camping.
Among other little things like putting up coat hooks, USB ports, propane tank monitors, sealing slam hatches, and organizing every thing..
After five months in the hands of Keystone (missing an entire camping season last year) for the floor replacement, I was happy to finally put all the goodies that I acquired on.
That's lots of "mods to make it nicer" but remember that every pound you add is one more pound to pull down the road and one more pound on the frame, springs and hitch... These things are "engineered to be built with the lowest bid components"... think through the mods, not as you would to make a S&B better, but as you would to keep a kite in the air without snapping the string.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:40 PM   #903
h8ster

This a New to me 2015 Outback 230trs... (October 2020]

Friday, New Goodyear Endurance Tires including spare! The Manager at Discount Tires made me a smokin deal!

Yesterday, I got rid of that “Piece of CRAP MATTRESS” and ordered a new mattress from Mattress Insider. Needed a RV King Short... they are hard to find! Ordered the Hypervent, mattress cover and a set of sheets to boot! ( as the sayin goes...”if Mama ain’t Happy ain’t Nobody Happy”!)

Today, I started on a Stinky Slinky and stuff holder w/ slide out tray! (Hoping next weekend I’ll be able to paint and find a place to mount)

I’ve also:
- changed all interior lights to LED
- reattached the Plastic sheeting below the Slideout bed.
- installed a “extend a shower” rod
- installed a 48” x 48” ramp extension
- foil taped in and around all the AC vents and AC intake and outflow... unbelievable the shoddy craftsmanship! The flow should be way better now!
- Outdoor Kitchen - new faucet and a new burner set ( the original burners were so corroded from the leaky faucet they didn’t work... eBay drop in exact replacement sooo cheap!)
- a million little piddly things

Next week, a window gets pulled and resealed! (I’m having a Keystone dealer do this) I have some slight delamination happening and I want to make sure it’s good!

When it gets warm enough:
- I have a MaxAir fan to install and a Max Vent to install! Haven’t decided which vent gets what!
- I have to add a wheel chock for my Harley and some additional tie down rings
- go over the whole thing and caulk the bad areas ( I ordered ProFlex)
- replace the black insert trim molding on the front and 1 side

Considering:
- adding an outdoor shower on the back... (mainly for our 2 Golden Retrievers) there is a place next to the water heater so it would be easy to plumb!
- back up camera
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42866CF0-95D6-4341-9ADD-EB79868D4873.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	32708  
h8ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:08 PM   #904
Bandit12

I'm beat. The last two days have been busy busy busy. I got my truck back from the dealers service center Friday afternoon. Saturday I got it washed and cleaned up it really needed it. Took a load of trash to the dump then started working on the trailer. Removed the cargo tray from the back since our first trip out in about 2 weeks we will have full hook ups. Checked the propane tanks fill level, all good to go there, I have 1 full and 1 about 2/3. Got out the materials I purchased to build my own sewer hose carrier and discovered my hose fittings will not fit in the tube. Returned those to the building supply store and got out my Tire Minder intending to install and set it up. Re-read the box and uh-oh. This unit is for 70 PSI max tires, my Cougar has 80 PSI tires. I came inside and checked, the return window had closed so I can't send it back. Offered it up to some folks on various Facebook pages and it sold inside of 15 minutes. Surfed Amazon and ordered the correct Tire minder and a sewer hose carrier I can add. Downloaded and set up the iN Command app on my phone and made sure it all works. I tested all the systems except the water heater, it's still bypassed. Furnace, fridge, AC, stove everything works. Check tire pressure in all tires including the spare, all of them were low by at least 15 PSI. Got up this morning and started on the water system. Filled the water tank with water and a bleach water solution. Ran each faucet for about 2 minutes until I smelled bleach. Let everything sit for about 4 hours. Wife and I added some cargo organizers under the bed, replaced the bedspread that came with the trailer, added a mattress pad, removed a few sleeping bags we had under the bed. Added some organizers in the pantry cabinets, took out a bunch of DVD's we've watched more than a few times. Since I'm retiring from Napa on Wednesday, I made my homemade chicken parm for all the guys and their wives, I'll take that in to work tomorrow. After supper, I went back out and drained the fresh water tank, refilled it with fresh water and ran each tap again for 2 minutes to flush all the bleach solution from the lines. Opened the low point drains, the fresh water tank drain, and when they were done running water, closed the tank drain. I then drained the grey water tanks and put everything away. We're getting there, we will be pulling out on the 15th headed for Vegas!
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #905
Finjergusson

I installed the morryde cre system and wet bolts,
A pro pride hitch, oxygenics shower head, back up camera, WoBLR level, tire pressure monitors. A new mattress and a bills RVQ bumper bbq mount.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Trailer 1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	33029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	33030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 3.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	33031   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer 4.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	33032  
Finjergusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #906
Old Mustanger

Had the disc brakes installed
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2352CF23-0457-4099-9403-80A38AFE80E8.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	33042   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F4C3880-ACEB-4601-AF5D-EF59439B9605.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	33043  
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #907
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
You won't regret that upgrade!
Best $$ I spent on my last 5er......
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:43 PM   #908
BigBobIa

What did you do to your RV today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
What is the approximate cost to have this done?
Old 04-17-2021, 07:17 PM   #909
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobIa View Post
What is the approximate cost to have this done?
parts were $2559 (included upgrade to 9/16" studs), installation was $1000. We had to decide that we are going to keep this trailer to make this expenditure.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:21 PM   #910
Bandit12

Towed it home from our long camping weekend in Las Vegas. 523 miles in a little over 10 hours. I'm now sitting in my chair that moves at zero miles per hour with a tasty cold adult beverage. I'll take care of unloading food and dirty clothes and cleaning up the trailer tomorrow.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:35 AM   #911
sandy43

Tires

[QUOTE=E Rod;282570]Part ll

5. Removed the Provider brand tires and had Discount Tire install the new Sailun tires.

E Rod: I'm curious as to why you removed the Provider tires and replaced them. I presently have the Provider tires (G rated) and have had excellent service. My research indicated these tires for heavy RV's are about as good as you can get. Have you had a problem with them? I'll be replacing tires in about a year and considered to stick with Providers. Now you got me thinking, which is dangerous for old folks.

sandy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:02 PM   #912
LHaven

In the 26RBSWE, there are some really handy shelves hidden behind the TV. Problem is, it's dark as sin back there, so it's tough finding things stored in the fabric bins. For Christmas 2019, one of my boys got me some raw LED strips so I could add some lighting. Great, now I just had to figure out how!

When I got this rig, the (adjoining) pantry had three sections, except that the middle one was blocked off. My Mistress of the Pantry informed me that This Shall Not Stand, so I explored. There was a minor rats' nest of AC, DC, and TV wiring strung across the compartment, feeding three intruding wall sockets... but I found there was so much slack in the wiring (which I have found to be true in general in this rig, thank you, Keystone!) that I had no problem routing it along the rear wall with some wire loom, and burying everything (even the wall box backs) behind a false partition, to give DW 50% more pantry space. So I already knew I had a handy "power center" available for this upgrade. (I highly recommend this easy upgrade to any other owner of a "crippled" pantry.)

I invested in (what I thought was) the same model dimmer switch Keystone put in the slide, some metal channels, HD glue strip ("ceiling" mounts are demanding), long pigtails, and surface-mount wire guides. It took me until this weekend to psych myself up to tackle the job. Removing the TV was a two-person job, but a lot easier than I thought it would be (basically one pivot bolt).

The electrical assembly was way less challenging than the physical, thank heavens. While I was in there with tools, I installed a pass-thru to the upper cabinets for an extension cord, so I could power my WiFi rig and the battery chargers for my cordless tools, which live up there.

The finished product is very pleasing, illumination-wise. It wasn't originally my plan to use it for mood lighting or "TV bias" lighting, but those options appeal to me now.

My only problem (that I quickly discovered) is that the dimmer switch (I suspect) throws quite a hum into the Furrion audio unit, whether I am listening to radio or routing the TV audio to the ceiling speakers. I'm wondering why the apparently identical dimmer on the slide doesn't do this. I suspect that despite the identical casing and operation, the dimmer I bought may have lower quality internals. I'm researching this; meanwhile, I'll just have to turn the lights off when I'm using the audio system.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8300 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	33195   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8302.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	33196   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8305.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	33197   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8307.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	33198   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8308.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	33199  

Name:	IMG_8310.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	33200  
Old 04-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #913
Sarge2

Nice mod! Wondering... was your tv always mounted on that center column and not tucked into that space? Mine on the Passport is inside that area and there isn't a center beam at all...tv swings out to site level with the outside framing of the cabinet... Our pantry is huge inside and pretty wide so there really isn't a lot of space where the TV sits... but I like how you made that much more useful as storage...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #914
LHaven

There's a heavy metal mount on the center column that you can sort of see in the photo. (I never noticed until I went to reassemble the arm, that the column itself is actually off center, the swivel bolt on the left side of the big plate is centered.) When stored for travel, the TV is roughly even with the cabinet surface, but the elbowed arm allows it to be pulled out into the room, and swiveled so you can watch from the dinette or even the throne. Mostly we pull it out only to access the shelving behind.

There's a you-wander interactive tour of this floorplan here.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:15 AM   #915
Sarge2

Thanks for the link and quick response.. very similar floor plan to mine but some nice touches... Thanks again
Old 05-03-2021, 02:38 PM   #916
Sarge2

Got the girl uncovered, flushed and sanitized water tank and lines, got heater plug back in, installed a stink hose holder to get the hose out of the bumper. Measured my speakers for replacements, installed some extra hooks and hangers, put a wire rack on the inside of the pantry door at the wife's request and generally got it almost ready to go camping May 14th...Oh and installed a new 10" multi layer gel foam mattress to replace the 4" POS that came with the trailer.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #917
Camping family

Getting ready to install my TPMS
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:59 PM   #918
xrated

I ordered one of these today.....WiFi and Bluetooth 12V RV thermostat. This will open up so many possibilities, primarily remote control of the 15K A/C-Heat Pump and being able to monitor the inside temperature for our dog while we are not at the trailer.... https://www.hutchmountain.com/produc...-rv-thermostat
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #919
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge2 View Post
Got the girl uncovered, flushed and sanitized water tank and lines, got heater plug back in, installed a stink hose holder to get the hose out of the bumper. Measured my speakers for replacements, installed some extra hooks and hangers, put a wire rack on the inside of the pantry door at the wife's request and generally got it almost ready to go camping May 14th...Oh and installed a new 10" multi layer gel foam mattress to replace the 4" POS that came with the trailer.
Please post a link on your new mattress - we’re in the market for one.
Bill-2020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #920
Sarge2

Can't figure out why I can't add just the link...

Amazon..
LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam Firm Feel – Gel Infusion – Hypoallergenic Bamboo Charcoal – Breathable Cover Bed Mattress Conventional, Queen