Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2022, 05:07 PM   #1
MarlonB

Slideout control board clicking on 2014 Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel

I can hear a click coming from the board, and every time it does the 12v voltage drops and recovers.

Is this a symptom of something else, or a sign the board is going bad? Is there a source of just the board itself, not the board & the LCD remote? This is all I could find, it looks like the "before" picture.

Any help is appreciated!

https://www.trekwood.com/products/29...CD-Transmitter
MarlonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 06:31 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I have a 2014 Cougar XLite with (I think) the same remote system that you have. If so, then this "temp fix" may help...

If you don't use your remote control, you can bypass the remote receiver by "hot wiring the input and bypassing the clicking relay that won't work"....

If you do that, then only the inside switches will work since you'll be effectively bypassing the remote control unit.

You do that by disconnecting the black and white wire that come into the bottom of the remote receiver and connecting the black to black and white to white with two wire nuts. Alternatively, you can disconnect one set (one black/one white) and then reconnect them under the wire terminals for the other set.

Here's a link to the LCI (Lippert) store where you can download information about a replacement remote receiver (the handheld remote transmitter is no longer available) and also download some technical data about the system.

https://support.lci1.com/electronics...-and-receivers

Click on the "TECHNICAL INFORMATION" tab and follow the links to your transmitter/receiver manuals.

Here's a photo of my finger "pointing to the two sets of wires" that you can connect to bypass the remote control unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CONTROL BOARD 1 (4).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	327.1 KB
ID:	42476  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, cougar, keystone, slide, slideout