Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
2schnauzers

slide outs

just purchased a 2003 Montana from lazy daze(ya, I know now). after the tire fiasco(replaced all 5), we were packing up for home and the kitchen and bedroom slides would not work????? With the wife working the button and me pushing on the slides individually we finally got them retracted, & got home. Anyone have any ideas on what to do. I put in a new marine deep cycle battery a couple of weeks ago & keep it topped off with a battery tender. the pump behind the front storage cover shows only 1/2 full of fluid. does this have anything to do with my problem. thanks Al
2schnauzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Do a forum search for "hydraulic" and you will find a number of threads regarding the slides and their operation. You can access the search function by clicking on the word "SEARCH" in the dark blue bar across the top of every forum webpage.

As for your hydraulic fluid level. It is supposed to be topped off when the slides are all IN. If you top it off with the slides out, when you pull them in, it will overflow and spill out the excess fluid.

So, if you're now measuring the fluid with the slides out, it should read "below full" but I'm unsure if it would be 1/2 empty or 1/3 empty or ????

If the pump is working properly and the slides are working slowly, you may have some valves sticking or some O-rings that are leaking. Exercising the system may help it to function better, but remember that the system is 12 years old and any previous abuse of or maintenance on the hydraulic system is, at best, unknown.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote