Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #21
Old Mustanger

The booster in our Alpine is located behind/above the bedroom TV. Very small on/off button makes it a little hard to find.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #22
quball19

I have the 2018 cougar fifth wheel, booster is behind the tv in bedroom. Hard to see but look up there with flashlight. When pushed in booster ks om. When hooked to cable turn it off. Sometimes you don't get a good signal where your at, sucks but part of it..
quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
If you're saying the better coax connectors are screwed on, I completely disagree. The best connectors are made using a proper compression tool. This video shows tools and connectors similar to what I use.

I totally disagree also. If you have the cable or satellite guy come in, the 1st thing he's going to do is "crimp" new ends on all cables.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #24
Jaccara

Our booster is located on the ceiling above where the bedroom TV goes. It's just a tiny button hidden in the plastic outlet.
Jaccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:09 PM   #25
Fuzion 369

Our fuzion 369 is in bedroom cabinet on left hand side
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #26
Obes22

What does the booster look like? Would it be the small push button that is next to the cable connection. It says on and off next to it? But even with it in both positions my cable and antenna quality are terrible?
Obes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, I believe the plate with the off/on switch that you describe is your TV amplifier/booster. Turn it on for antenna amplification, turn it off for cable/satellite use.

Remember that if you change the position of that switch and the type of signal (OTA/cable/satellite) you also need to change the format setting in the TV onscreen menu as well as do a "channel search/scan" before the TV will receive signals from the "changed settings". So, there's more to setup than just turning on the booster. Are you doing the TV menu setup also?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #28
Fuzion 369

It’s in the cabinet no label or anything
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #29
DOWva

Yeah I have done that a few times and forgot to turn the booster on.

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:39 AM   #30
Obes22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Yes, I believe the plate with the off/on switch that you describe is your TV amplifier/booster. Turn it on for antenna amplification, turn it off for cable/satellite use.

Remember that if you change the position of that switch and the type of signal (OTA/cable/satellite) you also need to change the format setting in the TV onscreen menu as well as do a "channel search/scan" before the TV will receive signals from the "changed settings". So, there's more to setup than just turning on the booster. Are you doing the TV menu setup also?
I’m not sure what the menu set up is but we definitely scan the channels
Obes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obes22 View Post
I’m not sure what the menu set up is but we definitely scan the channels
Scanning for channels is one part of the menu setup. First you need to select the input source (OTA/CABLE/SATELLITE/DVD/ETC) then scan for available channels. If you are connected to cable and scan for OTA channels with the antenna booster switch on or off, you'll not get any viewable channels, although the TV may identify some "available" channels.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #32
Jimbow

After several weeks of tinkering and even a small location change in the campground still no signal. Those two original channels where gone later that day and never came back. Taken everything apart and put it back together several times and still a no go.

Dealer says we are just in a bad area but I refuse to believe that as our previous camper had no issue in the same spots.

There solution is "bring it in and we can take a look." Tear it down and drive it the 125 miles each way so that can make a half-hearted effort doesn't seem like a good solution either.
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #33
Luvkoi

For what it's worth, these are the instruction we leave in the upper cabinet next to where the antenna button is, just in case we lend our camper. Hopefully, it will be close enough to someone's to help.

Green Light OFF for cable. ON for antenna.

Using the tv remote,
Go to: MENU, CHANNELS / OK
AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH select / CABLE or ANTENNA / OK
Wait for SCAN

Our tv begins broadcasting whatever channel is on immediately after scanning is complete.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #34
ISLANDER1089

I know this question is a bit off topic but is the Summit TV in my 2018 Cougar 22RBS have an HD tuner or is it just a plain old LED television?
ISLANDER1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:45 PM   #35
Canonman

The Summit LED TV in our Cougar is definitely HD. Look at the owners information book or on the TV and verify it provides 1080P or I. That's true HD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5438.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	17708  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #36
Imaybail

External Antenna

I have an external antenna on a pole next to my camper and have the cable connected to the cable jack on the outside of the camper. What is the proper way to utilize this antenna instead of the antenna on the camper? It is the winegard batwing antenna with the jack in the wall plate in,the bedroom, and the amplifier in the wall plate. I am not sure how the wiring is laid out, but I am trying to use the other jack in the dining area with a tv there. It seems with the amplifier turned on I still only get the same channels I had before with the batwing antenna. The new antenna on the pole is a quality antenna and is about 10 feet higher than the other one. Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #37
JRTJH
Site Team

The amplifier is not in the faceplate. That is only a switching device/power indicator/button. The amplifier is in the batwing part of the rooftop antenna. So, connecting an external antenna coax to that faceplate will not amplify the signal from your "auxillary antenna" but will switch the splitter part to the "batwing input" which bypasses your "sat/cable" input and diminishes your auxillary antenna signal...

If you connect it to the cable/satellite input on the rear of your trailer, the signal will be attenuated at every connector/splitter, so you'll probably get a cleaner, stronger signal if you slide the auxillary coax through the seal on your slide and connect it directly to the back of your television at the antenna input.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS