Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #11
LuvsPalmTrees

As for a person who is vertically challenged those are great ideas. I stretch as tall as I can and hit the bathroom one with the tip of my finger.

LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #12
flybouy

Why not install a remote control switch? You could mount the remote on the wall with command strips or velcro.
https://www.amazon.com/ELENKER-wirel...12+volt+switch

Old 06-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #13
ptooti

Switch on Bathroom Fan

We are doing this thanks for sharing!! The knob mod!

Current : 2018 Passport Elite 19RB
Past 2015 R-Pod 179
6,000 Equalizer WDH
2009 F150 Lariat 5.4l
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #14
ptooti

Done! Thanks jmith948 for the great mod we used 1/8 stainless tig welding rod and plastic paint stick! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8061.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	17021Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8062.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	465.1 KB
ID:	17022Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8060.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	464.2 KB
ID:	17023Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8069.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	664.8 KB
ID:	17024

Current : 2018 Passport Elite 19RB
Past 2015 R-Pod 179
6,000 Equalizer WDH
2009 F150 Lariat 5.4l
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #15
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptooti View Post
Done! Thanks jmith948 for the great mod we used 1/8 stainless tig welding rod and plastic paint stick! Attachment 17021Attachment 17022Attachment 17023Attachment 17024
I like your version!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #16
Andymil

The bathroom vent/fan in our Sprinter is powered only when the bathroom lights are on. The fan is a POS. I would replace it with a remote controlled model but so far I havenít been able to get a hot wire to it without putting a hole in the wall. I have to stand on the toilet to open the vent and turn on the fan. There is no cover over the vent so we canít leave it open. I may have to make one of those sticks for now.

The vents in the lr and br didnít have fans. I replaced the vent in the living room with a Maxxair with a cover. The ceiling is low so I went with the manual model. I got lucky fishing wires to the living room fan. It was not pre-wired. I didnít buy the fan until I got the wires in place.

I put a cover on the bedroom vent so we can leave it open and would like to install a Maxxair but again, itís not pre-wired for 12 volts. The br is pre-wired for a 2nd A/C unit.

Itís hard to fish wires in these trailers.
Andymil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:12 AM   #17
geeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andymil View Post
The bathroom vent/fan in our Sprinter is powered only when the bathroom lights are on. The fan is a POS. I would replace it with a remote controlled model but so far I haven’t been able to get a hot wire to it without putting a hole in the wall. I have to stand on the toilet to open the vent and turn on the fan. There is no cover over the vent so we can’t leave it open. I may have to make one of those sticks for now.

The vents in the lr and br didn’t have fans. I replaced the vent in the living room with a Maxxair with a cover. The ceiling is low so I went with the manual model. I got lucky fishing wires to the living room fan. It was not pre-wired. I didn’t buy the fan until I got the wires in place.

I put a cover on the bedroom vent so we can leave it open and would like to install a Maxxair but again, it’s not pre-wired for 12 volts. The br is pre-wired for a 2nd A/C unit.

It’s hard to fish wires in these trailers.
If your old fan is powered by the light switch, you should be able to go to the light and take the fan wire and bypass the switch so it is hot all the time. Then you could do what you want at the fan whether remote or switched or....
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:14 AM   #18
geeman

Vent stick is good idea. Should also be able to just add a pull string switch and leave the rocker switch on if your DW has a hard time putting the stick on the small rocker.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #19
boxcar

I initially wondered what your dishwasher was doing in the bathroom . . .

Same problem - 5'2" and can't reach the new Sprinter fan and knob. Thanks for posting! On my way to Tractor Supply for some stainless welding rod.
B&W Turnover Ball & Companion
boxcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #20
Andymil

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
If your old fan is powered by the light switch, you should be able to go to the light and take the fan wire and bypass the switch so it is hot all the time. Then you could do what you want at the fan whether remote or switched or....
I can get to the wire from the light to the fan, but I canít get a hot (12 volts) to that wire. The 12 volt feed is at the switch, not the light. I canít bypass the switch at the light. I have to run a wire from the hot side of the switch, up the wall and across the ceiling. Canít find any hot wires in the ceiling.

I havenít given up yet.

Andymil is online now   Reply With Quote