Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2023, 07:25 PM   #1
JohnnyB1966

manually retract awning possible?

We have the 2023 Cougar 24SABWE. The awning (as well as the slide and the stabilizers) are all operated through the InCommand Display Commander (DC) panel. But we sometimes have trouble getting it to respond. Is there a way to manually retract the awning if we can't get the DC to bring it in?

I guess I have the same question for the slide and the two stabilizers...
JohnnyB1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
LHaven

There're two levels of answer to this. One, you can go to the BCM and "manually" work the awning or slide motors. But it's more probable your issue is either in the awning motor itself or the wire between it and the BCM.

You can work the slide with the flexible drill extension and large Robertson bit that should have come with your rig when you bought it. You turn a square drive socket on the motor axle with the bit. You may need to remove the upper inside molding to reach the motor, and to keep from being pushed out of reach of the motor by the slide body as it retracts.

There are socket fittings on the electric stabilizer legs that allow manual activation. I think the hydraulic models have something similar, but I am not familiar with them. They don't go through inCommand.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #3
RV Vacation
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB1966 View Post
We have the 2023 Cougar 24SABWE. The awning (as well as the slide and the stabilizers) are all operated through the InCommand Display Commander (DC) panel. But we sometimes have trouble getting it to respond. Is there a way to manually retract the awning if we can't get the DC to bring it in?

I guess I have the same question for the slide and the two stabilizers...
Johnny welcome aboard. Newbie myself just joining today. Ummm, newbie to the forum, been camping since 1974.

We recently owned a MoHo that had a touch screen control tha operated everything on the motorhome. Was nice [when it worked] cause I had an app on my phone that allowed me to control all the gadgets too.

Anyways, from time to time, I would have problems with the stupid control panel not responding. I found by turning off the DC supply (battery) switch, waiting 10 seconds then turning the switch back on, the control panel reset itself and all would be fine.

Just a thought and hope it helps in your case.

Be well and safe travels.

John
RV Vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 01:44 PM   #4
LHaven

Yeah, I guess the original question was ambiguous: "we sometimes have trouble getting it to respond." I thought "it" was the awning... but I guess he could have meant the DCM.

If it's the DCM not responding, a lot simpler than removing its power is just rebooting it. Hold the leftmost button until it flashes. That's power off. Then hold it again until it flashes. That's rebooting. You'll see the boot screens. Then it should work... if the problem was the DCM.

Tags
awning