Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #1
Travler

Hamilton Beach MicroWave

After 7 years the microwave went out in my 26SAB. The light comes on and turntable turns but will not heat. Has anyone else had this issue? I have been looking for a replacement for the Hamilton Beach Model MW91B but with not much success. Cost are really up there..If anyone else replaced their Microwave what brand and model did you go with? I am sure the cost to fix it will be higher than replacing it. Will check on repair cost. Thanks in advance
Ext cab short bed
6 liter gas..3:73
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

The link below is to the unit I replaced in our 2014 High Country. You would need to check dimensions to make sure it was the same size as your old one. This one fit perfectly and I even used the old trim ring because the holes in the new one were a bit off. I had initially bought a Hamilton Beach at Walmart that fit the dimensions.....bad idea. "Regular" microwaves aren't built like an RV microwave; they have lots of rails etc. etc. That I was going to move from the failed microwave but didn't work. Gave that one to my daughter and ordered the one below.

https://www.amazon.com/Advent-MW912B...ll-spons&psc=1
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
notanlines

Two years ago our bit the dirt and, surprising enough, we replaced it with the same as Danny's, ever so slightly different number but the same oven. And used the trim ring that came with the Raptor.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
Travler

Thanks again to Dan and Jim. This microwave was a perfect fit in my 5th wheel. For all that need a replacement microwave this one fit perfect.. Advent MW912BWDK I just wish I would have thought to ask this forum before I spent so much time looking every where else.. Live and Learn.. Hopefully this will help others Thanks Again
Ext cab short bed
Old 05-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
Travler

Jim and Dan.. I bought the Advent Microwave as described above. Have you 2 had any issues with the microwave? The reason I ask is because on this last trip the microwave lights up about 3 in the morning and starts cooking..Shows 3 red dots in a triangle on the screen. Did this twice. Will call in warranty and see if there is something going wrong that they might have a fix for..Just wondering if you guys had same issue.. Thanks
Ext cab short bed
Old 05-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Our 2014 Cougar XLite came with an Advent microwave as OEM. Model P90D23AL. It has a timer function on it that if set, will beep at the end of the timed event. So far, our "ghosts and goblins" haven't played with the microwave in the middle of the night. They do, regularly turn on the stereo and adjust the digital thermostat....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
Jim and Dan.. I bought the Advent Microwave as described above. Have you 2 had any issues with the microwave? The reason I ask is because on this last trip the microwave lights up about 3 in the morning and starts cooking..Shows 3 red dots in a triangle on the screen. Did this twice. Will call in warranty and see if there is something going wrong that they might have a fix for..Just wondering if you guys had same issue.. Thanks

I have had no issues since I installed it. You might check any kind of programming like John mentioned or unplug it (that will be a pain)/turn off the breaker to it for 30 seconds or so then turn it on to see if that might cure it. Powering up might have given it a little glitch or something. I've had various things go a little flaky at times and a good reboot has fixed it. Calling Advent would be another route to take. Whatever you find please post back in the case one of us has the same issue.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #8
hankaye

Travler, Howdy;

As I use mine everyday (fulltimer), I just trundeled over to my local WallW
and bought on off the shelf after making sure it would fit the hole. Cost $75.00
Previous was a 900 watt Panisonic this is a 1000 watt Hamilton Beach. So,
where I was adjusting cook times before I don't need to now .

One thing that I found out (way at the end of the warnings an such it said not for overhead use and supposed to require more breathing room. Haven't found that to be any kind of a problem ...yet. Keep my eye on it when in use. Last night I cooked a pot of rice. Normally I would just cook it following the directions. Last night, I let it cook for 1/2 the time brought it out for a minute or 2 while I stirred it then put it back in for the rest and the sit time as well.
Actually came out better then what used to be the norm.

I was using my old one for 9 years, daily some times twice a day. In my book that was pretty danged good for they way stuff in general is being built these days. Hope this new one lasts till I sell the RV and 30 days after.

hank

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #9
notanlines

Gene, we never did have any problems with it. We didn't have it all that long before we sold the Raptor, but it performed like one would expect a relatively modest priced microwave would.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote