Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Tracker

King pin light switch

Newbe here. After parking our new fifth wheel Mountaineer in storage last night I gave a quick look for the switch for the king pin light. We have had the trailer for a week now and are still learning about it. Just joined the forum and hope someone can educate us.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
grayghost03

On ours the pin light come on with the Scare lights, no separate switch.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #3
lolaandrush

Docking Light

I was wondering if you are referring to the docking light. We have had a docking light issue. It is the phantom light as I call it. Unknown reason it comes on and the switch located on front wall just to right of front storage compartment want cut it off. I have to unhook battery then if you cut it on and off switch will work. But if it comes on by itself the switch want work cut it off.
lolaandrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolaandrush View Post
I was wondering if you are referring to the docking light. We have had a docking light issue. It is the phantom light as I call it. Unknown reason it comes on and the switch located on front wall just to right of front storage compartment want cut it off. I have to unhook battery then if you cut it on and off switch will work. But if it comes on by itself the switch want work cut it off.
It's probably an issue with the remote control. If you turn either of those lights "ON" with the remote, it removes the manual switch from the circuit until you turn them "OFF" with the remote. We've had a number of members who inadvertently touch the light switch on the remote and then can't turn the docking light or the front underbed light off without disconnecting the battery. Try your remote, it'll save you countless hours and frustration.

Yes, my Cougar remote does the same thing with the same lights. Fortunately, I remembered what I'd read on here.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Tracker

Thanks for the ideas. I will try the scare lights on Sunday when I pull the trailer out to finish winterizing. Since there is no remote for the Mountaineer I hope that will work.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote