Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #1
roadglide

Low water volumn

From day one my trailers has very low water volumn using city service every where . It's good using the pump. Today I decided to look at the problem and found nothing wrong the hose screen is clean . I did notice there is a anti siphon valve working good connected to the rv water service . Is my low water volumn the norm.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
rsl

Do you have good water pressure on the feed that goes into the city water connection? I have been places I have to fill the tank and use the tank/pump to get enough pressure to take a shower. But assuming your incoming is fine your pressure should be as good or better then your pump pressure.
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:56 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Poor water flow, or volume can have several causes. First off, do you mean flow or pressure? They are two different elements of delivering water. The volume of water would be the flow rate, expressed in gallons per minute and pressure is pounds per square inch. A water pick for cleaning teeth has very high pressure but very low flow.
You state that this has been the case from day one so assuming you have had it connected to more than one source. What size hose are you using? Are you using one of those cheap pressure regulators on the hose? The hose should be 1/2 " i.d. minimum, 3/8" or larger is better. If your using one of those cheap cylindrical pressure regulators throw it away as they just restrict water flow. Take your hose off at the city water inlet and see what you have when the water's turned on. If it's good, move on the camper's plumbing.
You have little plumbing difference between city water and pump. Check valve and if you have a convenience center the selector valve for city or tank, and some pex line. Check those three items and if I've missed anything I'm sure someone else will point it out.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:03 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Well, 2 more things to check. Shouldn't be the cause if you bought new but if you have an on board water filter check it's condition (clogged filter) and unscrew the end of the spigot and take out the screen and the plastic disk that's called a "water saver). They can get clogged with sediments and debris and restrict the flow.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
travelin texans

Name:   a01-1122vp_22_100.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  2.0 KB
If using one of these take it off, it restricts the flow to reduce the pressure regardless of the faucet pressure.

Name:   a01-1117vp_23_100.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  2.7 KB
Pickup one of these, they usually come preset between 50-55 psi which is a good pressure & if less than that it won't restrict the flow.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
bobbecky

I have noticed that some parks have a backflow device on the faucet, and some of them have a part that protrudes against the screen of either the pressure regulator that that is not adjustable or the bigger adjustable ones, and I have discovered the water flow is quite reduced when hooked up. I since use a short flex hose without a screen to make connections to those backflow fittings, and have better results with water flow.
Attached Images

bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
roadglide

I removed the old brass pressure valve and i used a brand new same type pressure valve the new valve cured the water flow issues. Along the Oregon coast the parks I'm visiting have limited internet service.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water