Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #1
skydiverchuck

Raptor fuel station

Just wondering how does the fuel pump out of the extra tank in the raptor? Is there more than one valve or power switch that needs to be turned on or just the on valve at the pump station. Thanks!
skydiverchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:48 AM   #2
BOWWOW

If you have 2 tanks the fuel station will only pump from 1 of them, the larger one. The other tank is for the generator.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
skydiverchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWWOW View Post
If you have 2 tanks the fuel station will only pump from 1 of them, the larger one. The other tank is for the generator.
Is there a "pump" that needs to be turned on? How is the fuel pumped from the fuel station? I know there is a switch at the fuel station but is there another one inside the toyhauler that prevents someone from coming up and pumping fuel from the tank??
Old 08-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

If you are camping and have power to the trailer someone could come by, unlock the fuel hose compartment, turn on the pump with the outside switch and start pumping fuel. I would imagine someone coming by and doing that are slim to none.

If your trailer is in storage, I imagine you hit the power disconnect switch inside the trailer which will kill power to the pump. Unless someone will break into your trailer and turn that switch back on they will not be able to use the pump.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
skydiverchuck

SW342 that's what I'm talking about, where is the power disconnect switch inside the trailer? Is it on the panel by the slides switches? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #6
BOWWOW

Are you referring to the battery disconnect switch, Im not aware of one that is inside the trailer just for the fuel station.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
rs2049

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverchuck View Post
Just wondering how does the fuel pump out of the extra tank in the raptor? Is there more than one valve or power switch that needs to be turned on or just the on valve at the pump station. Thanks!
If your unit is over a couple of years old and you only use the pump on an infrequent basis it may have seized up. Mine is 3 years old and it has seized up. Good luck with it. I am not sure if you can take them apart and replace the impeller system or if you need to buy a whole new pump. The replacement pumps are in excess of $300. I checked them out last winter when I was at Lazydays RV service centre in Tucson, AZ.
rs2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2049 View Post
If your unit is over a couple of years old and you only use the pump on an infrequent basis it may have seized up. Mine is 3 years old and it has seized up. Good luck with it. I am not sure if you can take them apart and replace the impeller system or if you need to buy a whole new pump. The replacement pumps are in excess of $300. I checked them out last winter when I was at Lazydays RV service centre in Tucson, AZ.
There are a number of threads regarding "swollen" gears in the pump and very detailed instructions on how to disassemble, repair and reassemble the pump. There is no need to buy a replacement pump until you at least attempt to repair your existing pump.

Do a forum search for "fuel pump" and you should get the information you'll need.

This one will get you started: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ight=fuel+pump

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #9
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverchuck View Post
SW342 that's what I'm talking about, where is the power disconnect switch inside the trailer? Is it on the panel by the slides switches? Thanks for your help.
Thats where mine is. I also have an inline re-settable circuit breaker right after my batteyr I trip when my trailer is in storage so there are no little drains from the CO2 alarm or anything else that doesn't get disconnected from the inside switch.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:06 PM   #10
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWWOW View Post
Are you referring to the battery disconnect switch, Im not aware of one that is inside the trailer just for the fuel station.
Neither am I. I don't know of anybody that has one. I am referring to the battery disconnect switch that kills most things connected to the battery and the fuel pump happens to be one of them.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:04 AM   #11
BOWWOW

Mine has a on/off switch at the outside fuel station, None inside for that.
The battery disconnect on my unit is right inside the front entry door.
One other option to stop a gas thief would be to remove the fuse for the fuel station.
The second smaller tank is dedicated just for the generator only. No way to pump it out , but I am working on a mod to plumb both tanks together so I can utilize the combined capacity for my atv's and Harley. I don't use my gen that much.
I hope we are understanding and answering your question correctly?

Decals removed.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM   #12
hdrolling

Our battery disconnect switch is in the same compartment with the water inlet/ black tank flush/Winterizing/cable/satellite.

Retired Army, 22yrs
hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote