Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
skydiverchuck

Brought home our new Raptor 375ts today and now have some questions

We'll we brought home the Raptor today and started the process of making it our own. Changed the mattress on the bed in the garage, set up the kitchen and the bed room.

I live in the Central Valley California today and it was damn hot. But it seemed to take hours to get it to start to cool off and the garage never really seemed to cool down or get much air flow. Anybody have any suggestions? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also, the freezer seemed to cool down pretty quickly, but the refrigerator didn't really seem to start cooling off. I shut the generator off and turned the propane on so the propane would cool the fridge, I'll check it again in the morning.

Any thought or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
skydiverchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
GaryWT

Congrats and good luck. It generally take 6 hours or so the get the fridge cool. After turning it on the fins will start to cool, generally in 30 minutes or so you should be able to feel a difference when you touch them. As for AC, it does take a while but check the air flow at each vent. The closer ones will most likely blow a little harder but just be sure air is coming out of each. Not knowing the starting temp is is hard to guess how well it is working.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:47 AM   #3
crash

In ours when we would get to the campground it would take about an hour with both a/cs going just to get it cool in 90 degree temps.So now when we are about an hour from our campground I stop start generator and turn a/cs on and its cool when we get to campsite.This little man likes it better now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	8859   Click image for larger version

Name:	683.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	8860   Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	8861  
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:14 AM   #4
EricLynnAllison

First thing to check on the AC is the baffle between the cold air and the return. Our baffle was improperly placed allowing cold air to be sucked into the return. The bad news is our we could never get our garage to cool in 90deg. weather until we replaced the fan with an AC in the garage.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #5
Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverchuck View Post
We'll we brought home the Raptor today and started the process of making it our own. Changed the mattress on the bed in the garage, set up the kitchen and the bed room.

I live in the Central Valley California today and it was damn hot. But it seemed to take hours to get it to start to cool off and the garage never really seemed to cool down or get much air flow. Anybody have any suggestions? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also, the freezer seemed to cool down pretty quickly, but the refrigerator didn't really seem to start cooling off. I shut the generator off and turned the propane on so the propane would cool the fridge, I'll check it again in the morning.

Any thought or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Congrats on your new unit!!

We have a Carbon 357 which is the same exact floor plan, just not all the nice upgrades! Last weekend when we got in the camper it took about an hour and a half to get it from 99* inside to 72*. Make sure all of your vents are open in the ceiling...when we got ours they were all closed. Also close the end cap fins on each ceiling A/C base...this will force more air through the ducted system. We have no problem keeping the whole unit cool...last weekend here in NC it was 95*+.

Hoping you can do me a favor when you get a chance. Can you please measure the position of rear 10" awning support arms (on center). I am wanting to add one to my Carbon in that location.

Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
1jeep

Awning over the rear door is one thing I wish my carbon came with and I might look into adding one. Also I will have to check out my AC units, I have noticed the garage didn't seem to cool down as well as the main cabin.

Bedroom was too cold per the wife...my only complaint was that having a second ac in the bedroom added a lot of noise.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
crash

The problem with the 2nd a/c in the bedroom it dumps the air right on your head when your in the bed ,no matter if all the vents are closed or not,our bed is at an angle in the front of the bedroom,has anyone had this problem?
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
Old 06-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
1jeep

I didn't really notice this but I could sleep in an igloo naked and be comfy, I did notice it was loud, our previous trailer only had one AC unit.

im not complaining, this is just an observation.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #9
skydiverchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
Congrats and good luck. It generally take 6 hours or so the get the fridge cool. After turning it on the fins will start to cool, generally in 30 minutes or so you should be able to feel a difference when you touch them. As for AC, it does take a while but check the air flow at each vent. The closer ones will most likely blow a little harder but just be sure air is coming out of each. Not knowing the starting temp is is hard to guess how well it is working.
Thanks Gary. I checked it again before I left and it seemed to be cool. Which leads me to another question. Is there a separate temp setting control for the freezer and the refrige? It appears there is one button for both ranging on setting between 1 and 9
Old 06-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
skydiverchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
Congrats on your new unit!!

We have a Carbon 357 which is the same exact floor plan, just not all the nice upgrades! Last weekend when we got in the camper it took about an hour and a half to get it from 99* inside to 72*. Make sure all of your vents are open in the ceiling...when we got ours they were all closed. Also close the end cap fins on each ceiling A/C base...this will force more air through the ducted system. We have no problem keeping the whole unit cool...last weekend here in NC it was 95*+.

Hoping you can do me a favor when you get a chance. Can you please measure the position of rear 10" awning support arms (on center). I am wanting to add one to my Carbon in that location.

sure Face Down, I'll do it this weekend, no problem!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #11
skydiverchuck

Gary, if you don't mind me asking what did it cost you to but another AC in the garage. We won't be using it as a spare room often but when we do, I'd like to be able to cool it! Thanks
Old 06-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #12
Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
The problem with the 2nd a/c in the bedroom it dumps the air right on your head when your in the bed ,no matter if all the vents are closed or not,our bed is at an angle in the front of the bedroom,has anyone had this problem?
The A/C in our bedroom can be completely closed off so it directs all of the air to the ducted system (and the two ceiling vents in that room). We have both slider vents closed in the main room and one closed/one open in the bedroom (we like the air blowing on us.) Our RV has both A/C's hooked up to the duct work and they are both 15K units.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #13
Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverchuck View Post
sure Face Down, I'll do it this weekend, no problem!
Thanks, I do appreciate it! I am hoping to get one ordered and install before our 10 day trip to MB in August.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #14
gtsum2

Both my ac's can have the vents shut completely down and forcing more air throughout the vents in the coach. The garage never cooks quite as good as the front one as there is no insulation under the floor. I usually open one of the three vents on the ac unit in the garage to cool it down quicker. Also have the beds down so they don't block the air flow
Old 06-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #15
TheCabralFamily

Good Evening, we have the same cooling issue in our Raptor 3912 when we first set up. We have a 12" steel blade table top fan (Walmart $12) that we leave on our dresser at full to take the cool air from the bedroom AC down to assist the living area. This has been a huge help, also when we set up I switch the main AC duct to only flow straight into the living area until it cools. It definitely cools quicker.

Now in Miami It gets crazy hot, so my winter project is to mount a "portable" stand up (R2D2 looking) AC unit, and mount the exhaust hose out one of the existing stainless steel vents in the garage....lot cheaper than another roof unit, and less weight.

Stay Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheCabralFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:09 AM   #16
crash

Our bedroom a/c is not hooked up to the duct work it is completely isolated from the main living area a/c and ducting I do have a portable a/c at the house I was thinking of taking with us to the hotter areas that we go for the dogs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3857b861-cd75-49d7-bbce-d238fe943741_400.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	8862