Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #1
IRV2

I suppose I'm not the only one

Who has had an issue with the DV3200 combo dvd/stereo system. Its was playing our dvd's fine and then it wouldn't load them anymore. So I'm guessing that others on here have had similar issues with the Furrion system. I really don't want to take it to the dealer. Curious as to what some of you have done to replace or modify this system.

2018 Keystone Laredo 298RL
2003 Keystone Laredo 27RL
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW
IRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:03 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRV2 View Post
Who has had an issue with the DV3200 combo dvd/stereo system. Its was playing our dvd's fine and then it wouldn't load them anymore. So I'm guessing that others on here have had similar issues with the Furrion system. I really don't want to take it to the dealer. Curious as to what some of you have done to replace or modify this system.
Could you define "wouldn't load", does the dvd not go in the unit or does it take the dvd in but cannot read it? Are you using a dvd that previously worked? For the cost of the "factory" radios they are not worth repairing. If you want to stay with a 12v dc unit I would suggest going to a good double din (that's a size not a brand) automotive unit as you get a lot more for your money.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:22 AM   #3
IRV2

Dvd will not play after inserting it, a loading message appears on screen and after a minute or two is ejected. It was a dvd that we watched previously. We've only played four movies through it in the past two weekends of owning our 5er. Might just get a dvd player and sound bar like we have in the house. Anyone else do this kind of set up?

Old 11-09-2017, 02:46 AM   #4
saltyturtle

DV3200 Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRV2 View Post
I suggest that you contact Furrion directly, www.furrion.com Their support is awesome. Our oven's electronic control wasn't functioning properly and they replaced the oven for free. I installed it myself so there were no hassles taking it to a dealer and having to leave it, etc. Five Stars to Furrion from me.
saltyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #5
Dave W

I too suggest you call Furrion. Unfortunately, they, like Jensen and Pyle who also make RV DVD players do not have too many good reviews on AMAZON and elsewhere. My reason for even looking is that the Jensen in our 5er has its own set of problems, the least of which is that it turns itself on, usually at O dark thirty - but a main power toggle switch has been the temp fix
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:20 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Dave W,

The Jensen audio system has an alarm clock feature. While your "0 dark thirty" problem may be different, the vast majority of owners with the complaint of "My stereo comes on at odd times" have "fixed" the problem by finding the alarm feature and turning it off.

I know it's not "the manly thing to do", but I'd suspect your problem is covered in the owner's manual. In my owner's manual, setting the clock and the alarm are covered on page 6.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #7
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Dave W,

The Jensen audio system has an alarm clock feature. While your "0 dark thirty" problem may be different, the vast majority of owners with the complaint of "My stereo comes on at odd times" have "fixed" the problem by finding the alarm feature and turning it off.

I know it's not "the manly thing to do", but I'd suspect your problem is covered in the owner's manual. In my owner's manual, setting the clock and the alarm are covered on page 6.
John, I would agree with you had I not found the alarm function (it was and is off) and actually read the IB before installing the toggle power switch. That Jensen came on not only at night but also other inconvenient times. Not a big geal to flip that nearby mounted positive shut off. Then there is the crappy sound and the tint button, totally non intuitive re,mote .....

For sure I maintain my manliness and always refrain from asking directions but do usually read most IBs
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:34 AM   #8
IRV2

Just an update here. We bought a dvd player and a sound bar without the bass box. This sounds great and we can bluetooth our favorite music to the sound bar. Everything fit nice and clean and only had to drill one hole for the wires going from the top cabinet to the tv.