Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
DSherwood

Turning a sideways mattress?

We have a rear slide containing the only mattress/bed. Would love to turn it, creating a crawl around area for nite time ins and outs. I know it will stick out further and need a support , but I wonder if the end might be foldable, maybe under at the end. Has anyone ever tried this? It's our first (26RS, used) and we don't even have it yet. It feels like Christmas waiting fir DH to get it. Any help is appreciated.
DSherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
Johnny's Journey

Welcome If I pulled up the correct floor plan. Perhaps the idea of a 2 pc custom mattress so the foot of the bed (it's own cushion) can be removed much like a seat cushion ? It then could be supported by a fold able platform that will fold away in such a manner that it well not touch the floor so the slide will function as intended.
Johnny's Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:12 AM   #3
notanlines

D, I also pulled up a floor plan, I believe from a 2005 model https://www.google.com/search?q=2005...=1502708823699
Lord, I didn't know the Google link was this long.....
I simply don't see how you could support the end of the bed without making it a temporary support, one that comes down every morning.
Also, welcome to the forum.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
DSherwood

Thank you all for the information and suggestions; these were my exact thoughts, and I don't have a problem with folding it up in the am. DH is also very handy, and I'm envisioning some set up with a hinge and heavy wooden piece (not too heavy!) and some legs that fold. I can't wait to get my hands on my 'first', new to us! and make changes--but isn't that every woman's dream?!?
DSherwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattress