Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
KevinW

326RDS hot water heater

Hopefully, someone can help with this. We purchased our 2017 326 RDS 5er a couple of months ago. It's getting close to time to have to winterize it, has anyone out there with the same rig done the winterizing yourself? My question is, how do I access the back of the hot water heater on the inside? I know where it is, just not sure how I'm supposed to get to it?? There is a large step over it that is carpeted. I'm going to need to bypass the water heater to winterize it. TIA
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
bomberchamp

On my 2016 I have to access the back of the water heater through the rear storage. I believe there is a panel you have to remove with some Phillips head screws.
bomberchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:05 AM   #3
KevinW

Thanks! I did finally find it. Not the easiest thing to winterize! Having to practically crawl inside to change the valves on the hot water heater, plus crawling inside the basement to connect the winterizing kit, wasn't what I would call a good time. But it's done!! LOL I appreciate the feedback!!

Tags
heat, heater, hot water heater, water, water heater