Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

hermharm,

If your 28SGS has the same remote as my 27RKS, there are three buttongs along the top above the LED screen. From the right side moving left, the first is the power button, the middle one is the flashlight and the third one (closest to the sel button) is the docking light switch. The docking light is the LED light above the mirror on the nose cap). There's also a switch for that LED light just under the landing gear switch on the trailer front wall.

If you've got a different remote control, there still should be a switch function for the docking lights. It may be one of the selections on the LED screen, but I'd almost bet you've got the same remote as I do and it's the left button along the top.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #22
Hermharm

Docking lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermharm View Post
Unfortunately our 2014 remote does not have docking lights as a function. Any other ideas for getting them to turn off?
Just figured out that docking lights on remote is not a function, but is the light bulb. Obviously this needs to be taken off remote! Thanks for all the help.
Hermharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #23
Hermharm

Thanks for such a quick respond. I did figure it out.
Hermharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #24
pookie210

Had the same issue ourselves. Husband disconnected wires at the rocker switch under the fifth wheel before we realized the little button existed on the remote. Apparently he hit it while using the remote earlier in the day and was no where near the light at the time thus not realizing it was turned on. Someone mentioned a timer, which is a fantastic idea to avoid a drained battery.

Cheers!!
The McKinney's

pookie210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #25
sportingrh

Remote issue

I just bought a 2018 cougar 28rks my docking lite stays on and no function on light on remote at all everything else works with remote.dealer said that had it fixed before I left well they didn't,any ideas
sportingrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #26
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportingrh View Post
I just bought a 2018 cougar 28rks my docking lite stays on and no function on light on remote at all everything else works with remote.dealer said that had it fixed before I left well they didn't,any ideas
Get remote in hand... stand in front of 5th wheel looking at the light... facing the light, look to the right and just below the deck... should be an oval light fixture and a toggle switch not on the light fixture.... flip that switch and see what happens...

Also, when you push the button to turn the remote on... look at the bottom of the keypad and is there a key with a light bulb on it... push that button and look at the light...

Javi
Old 07-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #27
sportingrh

Nothing happens fixing to take to dealer but they said they didn't know
Old 08-12-2017, 12:43 PM   #28
Travler

Been there done that also... almost rewired the lights..Until someone here said something..DUH..This is a great place to find info on everything.
Ext cab short bed
6 liter gas..3:73
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #29
sportingrh

Remote issue

Well dealer says it was wired wrong. The light feature only control docking light they do not tt back yet.