Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Generally in this world, when one owns an inferior product, they will spend a lot of time bashing the better product to make theirs look better. Loser politicians are like that during elections. Buy what you like and can afford. If you can’t afford the best then be happy with what you have, trucks, RV’s, whatever.

^^^I think this has a lot to do with it along with another big factor.....age and experience. I remember when I was a teen all the banter between the Ford and Chevy guys...trash talk, running down the other's brand (no one really had a Mopar product until one my friends got a new Dodge Charger - not a hemi or 440 just the 383 but, man it was pretty - yellow/black, ran very well). At that time we were kids and whatever we had was "the best".

As the decades roll by you realize lots of things, among them what makes you happy, or as close to it as possible, as you say in your last 2 sentences. I don't care what anybody else chooses to buy and drive; I've driven most of them and know what I like and I've grown a lot since I was a teen - I see no purpose in a war of meaningless words over "my toy is better than your toy". Toys are toys - some like shiny, some like flat, some like glitter and things like that...ha! Couldn't help myself!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #42
Rick Leary

Cougar / F150

You need to really think through this. You may be legal but, I suspect, marginally. At max gross weight your 5.0 will struggle to meet your expectations. And that’s assuming you will travel in flat country. Again, think it through carefully. Be Well!
Rick Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Well, it looks like we've "solved a lot of the world's problems" in the past couple of days, but Bigdawgwill44, the OP, was last on the forum on 11/19 at 12:05 PM and the last post he could have read was post #26. Everything since then has been posted after he last signed out of the forum.

So......... I hope everyone had a "Happy Thanksgiving" and found an abundance of things to be thankful for......

Now, back to our "regular programming"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:13 PM   #44
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Well, it looks like we've "solved a lot of the world's problems" in the past couple of days, but Bigdawgwill44, the OP, was last on the forum on 11/19 at 12:05 PM and the last post he could have read was post #26. Everything since then has been posted after he last signed out of the forum.

So......... I hope everyone had a "Happy Thanksgiving" and found an abundance of things to be thankful for......

Now, back to our "regular programming"......
But there are so many problems to solve.....and at times these things take on a life of their own.... I agree, regular programming....I've got to grab a burger or something and hit the hay.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #45
Tebpac

BigDawgwill44,
If you ever return, good luck in your search. When I got started looking for a TT, I went to a forum that popped up first on my search. They directed me to their library for more info and found this formula to help get me started. http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index....owing-capacity
From there, it turned into and obsession for about a year trying to glean all the info I could from lots of sites. It's been fun and we are almost there to purchasing our first TT.
Tebpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar