Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
Fredcook

Headed out

Wife and I leave Wednesday for camp riverslanding, hoping for some great colors in the trees by now. Going head out after work find a walmart about half then finish up on Thursday. Getting close to being the end of the season unfortunately.

Fred & Trisha
Evansville,IN
2018 SM3030BH
2017 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Air lift 1000
Fredcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #2
ken56

Fred, we have only some color here at this time. Some areas are better than others but its mostly the yellows with some reds coming out. I have not seen any orange and there is a good share of just brown. We are not at peak here yet, I would guess maybe 1/3 or a bit more. So far its been disappointing in the color dept. as it has not been vivid and spectacular. Still the mountains are beautiful and sunrises and sunsets are a good show too.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:36 AM   #3
Fredcook

Thanks for the info, yes the mountains are wonderful and ready to see them. We will just have to do with the color that is there then.

Fred & Trisha
Evansville,IN
2018 SM3030BH
Air lift 1000
Old 10-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
ken56

Color seems to be progressing fairly quickly. Trees that weren't all that colorful a day or 2 ago have more now. I don't think you will be let down. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are busy an traffic reflects that especially on weekends. Enjoy your stay here.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:42 AM   #5
Fredcook

Thank you looking forward to seeing it. My wife has never been and i have but it has been 20 years since my last visit so it will be all new to me im sure. Would like to be leaving this morning ahead of the rain but we are unable to so we are rolling out this afternoon instead.

Fred & Trisha
Evansville,IN
2018 SM3030BH
Air lift 1000