Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Bob Shaw

Thin Shade

Just installed a Thin Shade in the door of my Laredo. Despite what is shown on YouTube, you don't have to take the whole window apart. I just removed enough of the top screws to allow me to spring the top of the frame out enough to put the top part of the window blind in place, replaced some of the top screws and then removed some of the bottom screws to allow me to put the bottom of the blind in place. All told, it took about 1/2 hour and I did it by myself. For safety's sake, I did put some tape on the outside of the window just to make sure it didn't fall out.
Bob Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

It depends on which style your window trim is. Mine required I replace it to accommodate the shade. It was worth it.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Bob Shaw

Mine came Slim Shade frame ready. So, it was really no big deal to install the shade. I didn't see any instructions that said you could just remove some screws and flex the frame out to install the shade.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
Mwroberts48

i just received my shade in the mail,mine is slim shade ready as well. No instructions came with it. Do I need to take the window frame apart to install the shade or does it just pop in?
Mwroberts48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
jamtracy

I installed these on both my doors. I took out all of the screws on the inside of the window, put in the shade and replaced the screws. Easy peasy.
jamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:06 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

You may want to put some tape on the outside window to hold it in place. The screws are all that holds it together.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #7
Bob Shaw

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of town. I just didn't take all the screws out of the frame. I took most of the upper ones out and then just loosened the lower ones and was able to fit the Thin Shade into the frame. It was real easy. I did put tape on the outside of the window, just in -case, but I really didn't need it.