Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineiro View Post
Don't see us getting a bigger trailer, its just me, wife and son...no need for anything bigger.
Thanks
Unfortunately you just put that in print & have countless witnesses! Famous last words!
If that's the way you really think it will happen DO NOT ever go to an rv show in your area, DO NOT drive by a rv dealership & DO NOT look at rvs on the internet!!!!
Once your son has left the nest & no longer need the bunkhouse or whatever you have for the little guy to sleep on & as Javi said DW "wants more room", look back at this forum & get the seasonings out to flavor these words so they're easier to eat.
This would be an interesting poll;
How many have said "we won't ever need a bigger rv!"?
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:09 AM   #22
Pineiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheel4life View Post
I always put it like this....

Sometimes in a marriage you have to compromise. In your case the compromise goes something like "I wanted a smaller better built trailer. She wanted a bigger trailer with longer slides. So we compromised and got a bigger trailer with longer slides."
Good luck Javi.
To the OP are there any particular features you like over one brand vs the other?? One of the other things to consider no matter what brand of buying new is dealer service on the back end. Warranty is only as good as the guys backing it. I'd look at some reviews of whatever dealer you are considering purchasing from and see if theres any reasonable one stars that are legitimate complaints and 5 stars that aren't all fluff. That's just me if I had the $ to buy new.
Right now there is no preference over one truck to another, we just started looking and since there was a lot of mention on the 3500/350 I am gonna at those to the list and see what the pricing difference is. Keep in mind that I am in Canada and the prices here are very different than the States.

The dealership service is a good suggestion, will look in to that.
Pineiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:13 AM   #23
Pineiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Unfortunately you just put that in print & have countless witnesses! Famous last words!
If that's the way you really think it will happen DO NOT ever go to an rv show in your area, DO NOT drive by a rv dealership & DO NOT look at rvs on the internet!!!!
Once your son has left the nest & no longer need the bunkhouse or whatever you have for the little guy to sleep on & as Javi said DW "wants more room", look back at this forum & get the seasonings out to flavor these words so they're easier to eat.
This would be an interesting poll;
How many have said "we won't ever need a bigger rv!"?
ok moderator...delete the thread ...
Pineiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #24
Javi

Quote:
Right now there is no preference over one truck to another, we just started looking and since there was a lot of mention on the 3500/350 I am gonna at those to the list and see what the pricing difference is. Keep in mind that I am in Canada and the prices here are very different than the States.

The dealership service is a good suggestion, will look in to that.
I know this almost taboo to mention; but if you can live without all the gewgaws you can get a nice truck on the "CHEAP" by buying an XL or equivalent in the other brands.. My XL dually, diesel was $38K out the door.... $40K less than a King Ranch..
Old 07-22-2018, 11:56 AM   #25
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
OK. I look at these things almost weekly...in the lot, at the dealership. I'm sure you probably have it right off the internet. But, if you're happy, I'm happy.
I think you didn't get the gist of my original post Danny. I was comparing apples to apples. I started with the GM went to Ford's site then on to Rams site. I based the options on their sites to the options of the GMC. At that point I was .merely looking at internet pricing on all 3 with similar options. I'm not sure how happiness came into the equation. Also, all prices were in Canadian dollars. I also didn't say I would pay that for those trucks, is just a starting point to gauge what I would start an offer at.
Hope your weekend has been great to this point.
Dan
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #26
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
ok moderator...delete the thread ...[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Not a chance.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #27
whcarr

I tow my 7800lb 30ft camper with an 08 dodge 1500 ram, 5.7. Never had a problem with a good hitch and sway control. Also have a 2016 f250 xlt 6.2 gas 4.30 axles 4+4 xlt bought out right new $39000, towing 16000lb 5er, trailer has disc brakes, works good till you hit the moutains. Wish one of the manufacturers would guve use a bigger gas engine! Good luck. Bill
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:00 PM   #28
Johnnyfry

Go for a 3500 series, preferably a dully. My personal preference would be a Dodge with a Cummins diesel but whatever. Go for a 3500 series!
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #29
mcomeaux

Tow Vehicle

I just ran a gauntlet with tow vehicles. Ended up with a Dodge 3500 Dually. 6.7 Cummins with 3.73 gearing A/T.... Happy Camper now!!!
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #30
Freeheel4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by whcarr View Post
I tow my 7800lb 30ft camper with an 08 dodge 1500 ram, 5.7. Never had a problem with a good hitch and sway control. Also have a 2016 f250 xlt 6.2 gas 4.30 axles 4+4 xlt bought out right new $39000, towing 16000lb 5er, trailer has disc brakes, works good till you hit the moutains. Wish one of the manufacturers would guve use a bigger gas engine! Good luck. Bill
https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...g-block-502-ho

^^ Could always crate and build up a sweet gasser tow rig
Old 08-09-2018, 03:52 PM   #31
mazboy

You don't need a one ton.
If u go diesel you will hate the mieage.

A 1/2 should still should work ok.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #32
mcomeaux

I would go 3500 Dually and when you upgrade to larger trailer you will be ready. I started with a 2500 Cummins towing a 28' Airstream and realized we needed a larger trailer and bought a 40' triple slide T.H.. Then upgraded to 2018 3500 Dually no regrets just a lot more power and room. Lifes good...
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote