Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #31
Ccrew
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Winchester
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisjoe View Post
If they are on city sewers that might make sense. In Seattle water is $6.59/CCF, but sewer is $13.46/CCF. I would expect that most RV parks are on septic systems, however.
Also keep in mind that most all that I know of municipal sewer systems charge the sewer rates based on how much water is used. Haven't seen a poop meter yet
__________________

Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:50 AM   #32
ADQ K9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Anchorage,Deadhorse
Posts: 211
Rates are all over up here in Alaska as well. The private parks charge more with more amenities, (Wifi eletric and water etc) On the water in Seward AK can be as little as $20 to 30 a night depending on the season on the water in Homer AK as high as $100 a night. I prefer to stay at Govt. run campgrounds (city,state and federal) they are a little more economical and I don't require Wifi.
IMO $35 to $40 a night is reasonable for water and electric.
__________________

__________________
Mike
2016 Ford F350 CC 6.7 4x4 SRW (Ghost Rider)
2017 Cougar 29 RKSWE (The Tumble Weed)
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #33
Tufelhunden
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nampa
Posts: 57
Wow!! I just let the Mrs talk me into a state camp ground for our maiden voyage and wasn't happy at $25 A night. Glad I plan to mainly boondock.
Tufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:35 AM   #34
spade117
Member
 
spade117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 64
$25/night is pretty standard (with electric) for state parks in NY. Without electric runs about $19/night.

Private CG's run around $40-50, which usually include water and electric, add another $5-10 for full hookups. And add another $10/night on holiday weekends.
__________________
2018 Springdale Summerland Series 3030BH
2018 Ram 2500 HD 6.4L Hemi Big Horn 4x4
spade117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:03 AM   #35
mazboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 107
wasn't happy with a $25 night charge at a state park? california is around $75. wisconsin is around $30.

wow, you have not been camping much. we figure at least $50 a night if we stay at a campground. if in a demand area you can expect to pay $100-150 a night.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:38 AM   #36
Tufelhunden
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Nampa
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
wasn't happy with a $25 night charge at a state park? california is around $75. wisconsin is around $30.

wow, you have not been camping much. we figure at least $50 a night if we stay at a campground. if in a demand area you can expect to pay $100-150 a night.
I've never paid for camping in my life because we always boondocked. One of the benefits of the state and feds owning 75% of the state.
Tufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #37
B-O-B'03
Senior Member
 
B-O-B'03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 732
We have reservations at the 4J campground, in Ouray CO, $40 a night for full hookups, on the river, back in spot.

The reviews look pretty good, sites might be small, but they take reservations.

We were wanting to stay at the NFS Amphitheater campground, but they switch to "walk up only" before we get there, maybe we will move over there after our time is up at 4J.

-Brian
__________________
2014 Bullet Premier 22RBPR - let the camping commence!
2013 F150 Platinum - 5.0 - 3.55 ELD + towing package
B-O-B'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #38
roadglide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nm
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
We have reservations at the 4J campground, in Ouray CO, $40 a night for full hookups, on the river, back in spot.

The reviews look pretty good, sites might be small, but they take reservations.

We were wanting to stay at the NFS Amphitheater campground, but they switch to "walk up only" before we get there, maybe we will move over there after our time is up at 4J.

-Brian
ouray co box canyon just north of ouray is beautiful st park called Ridge Way ,I suppose I need to visit the area next year since my sweetheart has never rode the Durango Silverton train .
__________________
2018 1 ton 4x4 c.c standard bed GMC Denali
2015 311 Impact toy hauler
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2003 24 ft partycraft pontoon boat 125 Mecury .
2018 800 Z force sport. 1970 JD crawler loader.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #39
Canonman
Senior Member
 
Canonman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: South Jordan, Utah
Posts: 698
X2 for Ridge Way SP. Been there several times. Beautiful mountain and lake views. Highly recommend it as a base camp for exploring the many county backroads and of course the Million Dollar highway to Silverton. Then take the train to Durango and the bus back to the car in Silverton.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5643.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	18313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5998 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	18314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5732.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	18315  
__________________
2017 Cougar 279RKSWE
2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
Retirement Training Completed
"I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue
stand for freedom, until they're flashing behind you."
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #40
B-O-B'03
Senior Member
 
B-O-B'03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
ouray co box canyon just north of ouray is beautiful st park called Ridge Way ,I suppose I need to visit the area next year since my sweetheart has never rode the Durango Silverton train .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
X2 for Ridge Way SP. Been there several times. Beautiful mountain and lake views. Highly recommend it as a base camp for exploring the many county backroads and of course the Million Dollar highway to Silverton. Then take the train to Durango and the bus back to the car in Silverton.
Thanks. we'll check it out.

We rode the train, several years ago and it was amazing, looked into it 3 or 4 years ago and it was pretty expensive, so we passed.

-Brian
__________________

__________________
2014 Bullet Premier 22RBPR - let the camping commence!
2013 F150 Platinum - 5.0 - 3.55 ELD + towing package
B-O-B'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RVģ is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.