Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2018, 04:46 AM   #1
CrazyCain

East Tawas, Mi camp weekend

Spending a few days up at the trailer, will be pulling it out of here at the end of April....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180406_174939.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	15914  

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Looks like you and Chip have something in common.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:39 AM   #3
ken56

Tawas has a great city RV park and its a nice town too. Used to live up the road in Harrisville and loved it. Harrisville state park is nice too. In the warmer season if you're a golfer Red Hawk golf course is a real gem. I must say that I really do NOT miss that white stuff still on the ground there.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:46 AM   #4
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Looks like you and Chip have something in common.
Snow snow SNOW!!!!!! It won't be long until it snow snow SNOW!!

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
:
Old 04-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #5
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
Tawas has a great city RV park and its a nice town too. Used to live up the road in Harrisville and loved it. Harrisville state park is nice too. In the warmer season if you're a golfer Red Hawk golf course is a real gem. I must say that I really do NOT miss that white stuff still on the ground there.
THis is our 2nd winter here and it just awesome. To crowded in the summer for seasonal stuff, but we pull it everywhere in the summer anyway. Love this Town!!! We go to Harrisville SP alot, great SP. DW grew up GreenBush/Oscoda so she is a big fan..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
:
Old 04-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #6
TLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
To crowded in the summer for seasonal stuff, but we pull it everywhere in the summer anyway. Love this Town!!!
Yes it does get crowed. And the steaks at Kleno's meat market are some of the best up there.
We will be headed up in July.

2014 Passport Elite 31RE

2017 2500HD Crew Cab
TLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:27 AM   #7
{tpc}

I'm kinda jealous, but I wish this snow would just stop already. Love Harrisville SP. That was our 2nd trip out (first without any of our seasoned camper friends) that we ever took.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:48 AM   #8
ken56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
THis is our 2nd winter here and it just awesome. To crowded in the summer for seasonal stuff, but we pull it everywhere in the summer anyway. Love this Town!!! We go to Harrisville SP alot, great SP. DW grew up GreenBush/Oscoda so she is a big fan..

I am sure then she is familiar with the big old house known as the Springport Inn....... I will vouch that it truly is/was haunted. I was not a believer either until Joseph VanBuskirk convinced me. I went into a room to clean it after some guests and the pictures on the wall above the bed had been turned upside down so I turned them back right side up. After having left the room to do more chores I went back in to remake the bed and the pictures were back upside down.......and I was the ONLY person in the house at the time so no one else could have done it and I am certain I righted them. Had a lot of fun running that place.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #9
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
I am sure then she is familiar with the big old house known as the Springport Inn....... I will vouch that it truly is/was haunted. I was not a believer either until Joseph VanBuskirk convinced me. I went into a room to clean it after some guests and the pictures on the wall above the bed had been turned upside down so I turned them back right side up. After having left the room to do more chores I went back in to remake the bed and the pictures were back upside down.......and I was the ONLY person in the house at the time so no one else could have done it and I am certain I righted them. Had a lot of fun running that place.
I will ask her about the place..

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
:
Old 04-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

We had to run downstate to Mason today. It was strange to see no snow in the fields and on the roads. On the way back north, around West Branch/Houghton Lake area, there it was..... Nothing melted while we were away .....

Around Grayling, the combines were in the fields, harvesting the spring crops. Hopefully they'll have it all out of the fields and in the storage barns so we can start enjoying "NO SNOW"... Apparently the "summer's here" memo got lost in the office postal room !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MICHIGAN SPRING CROP.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	15966  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:35 AM   #11
ken56

As they say, sucks to be you......I do NOT miss the cold and snow we left behind since moving to east TN. haven't looked back. We have been having a great spring here and are heading out to Cumberland Mountain State Park next week. Beautiful weather for going camping........you may have to wait until June, I am so sorry.