Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
seattleslug

New member from Utah (via Seattle)

I am retiring soon, and I just happened to find an "orphan" 2004 Springdale. It had been in storage since 2007 and came from Texas. I am really pleased with the condition and the very open layout to it. It has a large window in the back, and additional windows on the rear sides and bump out. Since my wife and I have some property at a lake in northeast Utah (and Idaho etc) we plan to leave it there during the summer, and perhaps travel South during the winter.

Since I am coming from a tent trailer background, the "luxury" afforded me through this purchase is quite overwhelming. Of course that luxury comes at a cost, and since the previous owner removed all manuals,instructions, etc, I am at a loss as to what does what. I have downloaded what I can, but will be asking lots of questions.

Right now the trailer is at the local Keystone dealer being checked out, so I am waiting for any "hidden" gotcha's.
seattleslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Congratulations on your almost new purchase and welcome to the forum. It seems that you have already bought it but there is a pre-delivery inspection checklist that is available on Flyguy's - one of our moderators - website. (If you need help accessing this, let us know). He also has various manuals which also can be downloaded although they may not all pertain to your unit -- some will I am sure.
It will be helpful to go through the unit with this list in your hands and to make sure EVERYTHING is working. Take the time while you are on the lot to ensure this. If you dont know how something works --- ask the dealer and get him/her to show you. Get them to put water in the tanks and run all taps, get the H/W tank to work, etc. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction, get them to fix it. The same applies to all of the appliances -- including the A/C and the furnace.
Make sure the battery that they are giving you is not an old, used one taken from some other unit.
Feel free to ask here - we have lots of knowledgeable and experienced RVer's on the forum who are more than willing to help.
Enjoy.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
seattleslug

I appreciate the advice. I went over the trailer pretty well, and for the price I paid I made sure any major repairs could be handled. It was from a private party, and I could tell it was gently used. I am interested in Flyguy's website. do you have a URL?

Thanks for the welcome
seattleslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Flyguy's website: http://www.eaa1358.com/Passport
click on the link which will take you to PDI checklist.

You might compare appliance and other items in your TT which might be the same as the owner manual downloads he has available.