Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
justlizz

help needed re locks

Hi all well now collected my new springdale 242 and so far we are very pleased with it but only found time to spend 4 nights in it but hope to head of to France in the next few days the only main problem we have is the door lock we cannot lock it from the inside used the dremil and managed to get a sort of fix but would like to replace lock when we come back from trip someone posted about a repacment to the fic lock but it now seems to be no longer available so is there any other black locks that will fit or anyone got any other ideas
thanks
liz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
jsmith948

There is a recall regarding FIC locks. Has to do with the ability to remove the key whileit is in the 9 o'clock position and this renders the deaqd bolt inoperable. Do a forum search as there were recent posts regarding he recall. You couls also go on the FIC website.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
michol02

TriMark makes a lock that replaces the standard FIC lock. Type in Trimark 060-0251 on the Internet. There are several places I saw that stock them here in the U.S.(about $60 to $65). Trimarkcorp.com has more info on them.

Name:   image.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  11.2 KB

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
justlizz

thanks that is what I need to know the recall will not work re being in UK and would be a lot of messing around
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote