Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
JSpain

Slide

Sorry in advance , I'm sure this has been asked several times but... I have a new Alpine 3651 and the bedroom slide on the front edge stands out about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch while the back edge looks good.
Should I run it all the way back out and try it again ? I ran it out a short way and did nothing... Thanks Again for any help ...
JSpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If your slide is a cable operated slide, chances are that the cables need to be adjusted. There are several threads on this forum that give detailed instructions and links to the service manual for the slide mechanism. If your slide is "ram actuated" the slide box probably needs to be repositioned on the rams (adjusted) and the instructions on how to do that are also discussed in a couple of threads. You can also download the slide service manual at the Lippert site in the support section. https://www.lci1.com/support-center/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
gearhead

If it's a new Alpine I think they are hydraulic ram operated.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Reading gearhead's response, I noticed in your first post that this is a "NEW" Alpine. If that's the case, then you might consider taking it back to the dealership for slide adjustment. Read your owner's manual for warranty information. You'll find the following:

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED - THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO:
Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale; ..."

So, essentially, Keystone will only adjust your slides during the first 90 days of ownership. It's on page 9 of the Owner's Manual.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-14-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
captcolour

Bedroom slide on mine is cable driven. The two living area slides are hydraulic.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #6
JSpain

Sorry I didn't get back quicker. Thank you very much for giving me some ideas..
The dealer is several hundred miles away and the Keystone dealer is 130 miles away, I'm in the boonies. Now when I started bringing in the slides all three acted funny , they came in like one side in about six inches then the other side in about six inches, they didn't come in smooth but the two in the kitchen front room closed good, all the way, just the bedroom looks like it's still out a little. I'll look at it closer tomorrow and post.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:18 AM   #7
Tinner12002

Makes me wonder if you have air in the hyd lines. On hyd slides, since they both work at the same time unless you have separate switches which it doesn't sound like you do, they will operate with the one having the least resistance or the lighter one first and then when resistance evens out between them they will both move. Check for hyd leaks on all your lines and check fluid in reservoir also.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:08 AM   #8
ChuckS

My 2014 Alpine all three slides are hydraulic.. Bedroom slide always closes and opens first.. I’d try opening slides all the way and then close all the way.. do this 3 to 5 Times pausing for a few minutes after each open/ close cycle to let pump motor cool down.. if air is in system this is Lipperts method to purge air..

Also what condition are the batteries in... they need to be fully charged for best operation of the pump motor..

Also when is the last time the main slide out gear packs were cleaned and lubed? 8ll bet the dealer did nothing to these during delivery of unit.. the ma8n slides each have two exposed gear packs that need cleaning and lubrication to work smoothly..

Lippert has procedure on how to properly service those gear packs and NO, spraying some sort of lube, dry Or otherwise is not the correct procedure..

I’m also assuming the hydraulic reservoir is properly serviced.. the level can only be accurately checked with all slides 8n and six point LG fully retracted.

This link explains everything on your hydraulic slide outs .. page 12/13 explain about gear pack servicing...

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...de-out-web.pdf
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #9
JSpain

Thanks guys. I'm wondering if the cold temp is causing this , however the other two slides worked OK. The bedroom slide has its own control. ChuckS I will check out what you suggest . The air temp is going to be warm tomorrow. I'll run it all the way out and then back in. The batteries are new and charged and hydro fluid is full.
This unit has the iN Command set up, I'm still learning.
Thanks Again
Old 12-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #10
JSpain

Slide

Here is what I have come up with , The self leveling system was NOT zeroed at the Dealership ,Don Hurley RV in Tulsa so I must first level the unit and ZERO the control. I'm thinking the trailer is not level and putting the slide in a bind not allowing it to operate . This shouldn't be that hard cause it is in my driveway. We will see !!!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
SummitPond

If you own an iPhone you have a built-in spirit level you can use to ensure the trailer is level before doing your calibration.

Swipe the screen to the left after executing the compass app. I suggest you check the floor (rather than the counter tops) in several places to check for level.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
JSpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShacterShack View Post
If you own an iPhone you have a built-in spirit level you can use to ensure the trailer is level before doing your calibration.

Swipe the screen to the left after executing the compass app. I suggest you check the floor (rather than the counter tops) in several places to check for level.
How cool is that ! WOW !
I would , what the auto screen says level, couldn't open or close the entrance door, I'd throw a level on the floor in 3-5 places be just a hair off. Get where the door open half way good , levels be half a bubble off.
Now the slide would not come in any closer to being shut than a foot . The slide sounded like a horn & would only travel maybe 6" at a time and it sounded like the Hydro pump was not running. I ended up closing it by override system..
I will again work on leveling tomorrow ...now that I have this cool level...
Old 12-20-2017, 03:22 AM   #13
Tinner12002

Its hard to believe your slides are that delicate that your RV has to be perfectly level for them to work, maybe something else is going on with them....
Old 12-20-2017, 06:28 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpain View Post
Thanks guys. I'm wondering if the cold temp is causing this , however the other two slides worked OK. The bedroom slide has its own control. ChuckS I will check out what you suggest . The air temp is going to be warm tomorrow. I'll run it all the way out and then back in. The batteries are new and charged and hydro fluid is full.
This unit has the iN Command set up, I'm still learning.
Thanks Again
I'm still unclear what kind of slides you have. Apparently you have hydraulic slides in the main part of the coach, but this highlighted statement (separate controls) about the bedroom slide would indicate that it may not be tied into the "large slide system". What kind of slide (what activates it) is in the bedroom?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #15
JSpain

I agree , they slid out just fine and the slides in the front room and kitchen came in fine.
I do think there is a hydraulic problem with that slide . JRTJH I have the iN Control touch screen which controls all three slides and I have override controls for the slides and jacks for back up.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #16
JSpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Reading gearhead's response, I noticed in your first post that this is a "NEW" Alpine. If that's the case, then you might consider taking it back to the dealership for slide adjustment. Read your owner's manual for warranty information. You'll find the following:

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED - THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO:
Adjustments to all doors, drawers, locks, latches, slide outs, awnings and window treatments beyond 90 days after retail sale; ..."

So, essentially, Keystone will only adjust your slides during the first 90 days of ownership. It's on page 9 of the Owner's Manual.
We bought the trailer in Tulsa and we live completely across the state of Oklahoma and it was almost 3 months before we went back to get it however I got complete extended warranty and it is supposed to cover everything , (heard that song before).. Its so far to drag it back there I'll try to fix it first. I'm pretty sure all slides are ram not cable..
Thank You Sir
Old 12-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #17
JSpain

Gearhead it was a new 17 and the model is a 3651
I'm pretty sure it's ram not cable...
Old 12-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpain View Post
Gearhead it was a new 17 and the model is a 3651
I'm pretty sure it's ram not cable...
With the bedroom slide out, walk out beside it and look at the sides of the slide. If there are 4 cables present, one at the top and one at the bottom of each side of the slide, it's a cable driven slide. Two Alpine owners have responded, one stated he has hydraulic slides and one stated he has two hydraulic slides on the main coach and his bedroom slide is cable driven. So, that's one of each, no "guarantee" that you have a specific system. Only with your visual inspection can you be sure which type of slide you have.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #19
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
With the bedroom slide out, walk out beside it and look at the sides of the slide. If there are 4 cables present, one at the top and one at the bottom of each side of the slide, it's a cable driven slide. Two Alpine owners have responded, one stated he has hydraulic slides and one stated he has two hydraulic slides on the main coach and his bedroom slide is cable driven. So, that's one of each, no "guarantee" that you have a specific system. Only with your visual inspection can you be sure which type of slide you have.
I've never in all the RVs I've looked at have never seen a bedroom slide with anything other than either cable or swin-tec system. Don't think the OP is having issues with it. Its the 2 main hyd or elec gear driven slides he's having problems with, hyd driven more than likely.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:19 AM   #20
Tinner12002

Just as an added note, from pics I looked at from 2018 models, the bedroom slide appears to be swin-tec system and not cable. I doubt they would change from cable to swin-tec because that would be going backwards in technology in my opinion. Again though, that's not the slide he's having trouble with.

Tags
slide