Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

"I found a near identical model, but a 2015, for 14k on Craigslist. I found another older one (but looked very nice - down the street) going for 11k."

Using that logic, I could have bought a 3 year old truck in 2015 for $40K rather than paying $65K for my new one. Looking at it today, that $40K truck is worth $30K and my 2015 truck is worth $50K.... Even used stuff depreciates, so buying that $11K used trailer and adding a extended warranty would still be "headed downward in value"... What will it be worth in 5 years?

Buying a toy is not an investment, it's like boats, ATV's, Motorcycles... The value is in the enjoyment and entertainment they provide, not in the resale value/investment potential....

You didn't make a "bad" purchase, just one that's "different from your past purchase history"....

When 3 or 4 years have passed and you look back at the intrinsic value of family time spent in the trailer, you'll have a significantly different perspective of trailer ownership....

Your parents Keystone should be a good example of what you can expect from your Keystone product. None of them are designed to "self-destruct" when the warranty expires..... Some do, almost all don't.... if you look at the history of those few, you'll almost always see the reasons why they aren't reliable and it's not how they were built......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hideout