Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
moparmad

alpine 3010re flooring

im completely new at this but I was wondering if anyone else might have a alpine 3010re, I got a 2018 model year and the flooring on the dinette slide out between recliner and dinette chair, and around the kitchen island on front side is really weak, it flexis quite a bit even for a light weight person. I was told this is normal, just seems kind of odd. my last 5th wheel the slide out seemed to be a much more solid floor but it had bench seating, has anyone else experienced this?
moparmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #2
ChuckS

My 2014 3010RE has about the same feel to the flooring on the island side in front toward pantry cabinet.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Moparmad,

If you're really curious about whether it's right or wrong, mosey down to the nearest dealer and walk around in a similar trailer. Nothing quite like a "direct comparison" and seeing with your own eyes and feeling with your own feet.

Often, much is lost in the forum translation when people explain the differences between "mine and yours'......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
moparmad

thanks for the info. wanted to make sure it is normal and not them just telling me that..ill do some more looking and see if there's another one around town. so far I found only 36 and 40 footers with different floor plans.. I really didn't notice the slide out part until I moved the chairs out to clean the windows and thought wow its really thin or possibly the bonding came apart.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Imagine, for a moment, reading two reports of "floor strength" without knowing who posted the information. One is from a 375 pound "heavy walker" and one is from a 115 pound "graceful lady".... One of the posts states that the floor moves with every step and when walking past the island, it wobbles and anything sitting on it tends to either roll off or spill onto the countertop. The other post states that the floor seems rigid, nothing moves out of place and there's never been any issue with the island feeling loose or moving when walking.

So, is the first "wobbly floor" post from the heavy person or is the problem with the floor from the graceful lady? Is the floor reacting to excessive weight or is something broken under the floor and the graceful lady's RV is defective?

Reading posts on here, with only a part of the story, simply leads to the probability of mis-interpreting what was said and going off on a "wild goose chase"....

That's why I said, better to see it with your own eyes and feel it with your own feet. I've seen too many members report "their version" and have it cause problems (where there are none) because the reader was looking for problems and "found them between the words" in a post that doesn't tell the whole story.

I suppose it's "reader beware"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
moparmad

I hear ya there. That's why I was so curious, I'm the heavier version, my wife is the lighter version and kids were even lighter version and it all flexed, that's what I tested first to make sure it wasn't just my fat but :-)...I did find a 3020 which is the same floor plan but a 19 version. Heading up there this weekend...ps how do you get pic of your rigs under your name and or under heading. I'm a pc illiterate kind of guy, I know just enough to get me in trouble.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #7
Tbos

The floor on my 3651 Flexes around the vents and a few other places. I noticed it in the dealer model too so in my model it seems “normal”.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmad View Post
...ps how do you get pic of your rigs under your name and or under heading. I'm a pc illiterate kind of guy, I know just enough to get me in trouble.
Go to the top of any forum webpage, click on USER CP in the black bar, when that page opens, go to EDIT AVATAR if you want to put a small photo/drawing in your profile (shows on the left side of your posts) or click on EDIT SIGNATURE if you want to put a photo/drawing in your signature (shows inside at the bottom of each post)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 07-30-2018, 05:50 AM   #9
dkoppenhaver

I've got a 2015 3010 and do not have any issues with the flooring in that area. I like to use a scale to weigh myself every morning and have been all around the island to find a spot that weighs the same each time. The flooring is consistent with no discernable weak spots.
dkoppenhaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, floor