Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
zbiddle

Curt fifth wheel

Is the curt e16 a good fifth wheel I got a buddie that's gonna give me one. All I have to do is mount it and pull his camper 15 miles for him.
zbiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The CURT e16 hitch head is a basic (entry level) slide bar hitch. It is reliable, safe, easy to use and "not too heavy". That said, it doesn't have any of the "bells and whistles" that come with "upgraded hitches". For some, that's a good thing, for others who want "more than the basics" they won't get those extras in the e16.

If you're looking to "get into fifth wheel towing" the e16 is a good, basic "first hitch". That said, once you install the base rails/underbed system in your truck, it's easy to upgrade to almost any hitch that's on the market, since almost all of them fit the "base rails" you're going to install.

So, if it's free, if you're interested and if you're going to install a rail system in your truck, it's a logical "first hitch".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:57 AM   #3
zbiddle

He's got the the brackets rails everything just gotta put them in my truck. Then I can haul my fifth wheel finally lol.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If the trucks are the same, the underbed brackets "should" fit, but the "truck frame brackets" differ from truck brand to brand and there are some differences from year to year as well. Most brackets are designed to bolt onto the truck frame in existing holes with no drilling required. If you do "swap it out" from his truck to yours, be sure to use new, grade 8 bolts, nuts and lock washers.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #5
zbiddle

Bracket is the same we checked. That it's in an older truck of his an on that 1 they didn't use any brackets just drilled it straight to the frame lol. Not gonna happen on mine. He has brackets that will fit my truck so we're gonna use them.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #6
zbiddle

Well the hitch is in and got its first two today.Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1527465123751.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	16647

Tags
fifth wheel