Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Rallies and Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #1
Barbell

S.M.A.R.T. Caravan

SMART aka Special Military Active Recreational Travelers is a group of retired military personnel who join together in 20 or so rigs and caravan to interesting places in the US. We did the Autumn in the Appalachians tour last fall starting in Northern Georgia and ending near Winchester, VA and it was great. These caravans are much cheaper than most commercial tours. Retired military are given preference but non-military types are also eligible if there are vacancies. Go to the SMART website, smartrving.net for more info. The Road to Amana tour starts Aug 29 thru October 12 and at last look there were some vacancies. Contact me via PM for detailed contact information.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
MerlinB

I was just scanning through various posts and your post title caught my attention. I also was on that Autumn in the Appalachians caravan in 2015 and last year I went on the Canadian Maritimes caravan. What an experience that was. I will be leaving home around the 17th of June to join the Calgary Stampede caravan. I love SMART caravans.
A couple of days ago I added a link to the SMART web page in my signature. Then I was chastised and threatened with expulsion by the Admins if I didn't remove it. So, I was glad to see someone else on here who knows about SMART. Safe travels.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Tbos

I've book marked the web site. I'd love to be able to participate in one of these when we retire for good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:21 AM   #4
Barbell

Hi Merlin;
We met at the muster in Amana Colonies last fall as well as on the Appalachian Caravan. Have a good one to Calgary. I got the same talking-to as you did. They redid my post and re-posted it.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

To be clear: "THEY" referred to in this thread is the moderator team. "THEY" have removed any links to sites that do not meet the forum rules for posting links. If anyone has any questions, the forum rules are available here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ork&page=rules or, if you wish, PM any moderator for clarification.

Thanks,

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
MerlinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
To be clear: "THEY" referred to in this thread is the moderator team. "THEY" have removed any links to sites that do not meet the forum rules for posting links. If anyone has any questions, the forum rules are available here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ork&page=rules or, if you wish, PM any moderator for clarification.

Thanks,
Like I said, Your forum, your rules. No problem.
No more links.

I hope conversations about RVing activities are OK.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

I am the one who changed the original post. I did not "repost" it. As I explained in my PM to you I removed a phone number and E-mail address. I did "edit" your post. We as moderators are tasked with keeping EVERYONE safe, and we will continue to do so.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
I am the one who changed the original post. I did not "repost" it. As I explained in my PM to you I removed a phone number and E-mail address. I did "edit" your post. We as moderators are tasked with keeping EVERYONE safe, and we will continue to do so.
Appreciate all the work you do as a moderator team. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote