Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 07:00 PM   #21
jkoenig24

By any chance, are you significantly above sea level? Above 4000'~5000' MSL, generator power is less than the output at sea level. If altitude IS an issue, in addition to reduced power, you're also likely to encounter a fouled spark plug.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:19 PM   #22
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
By any chance, are you significantly above sea level? Above 4000'~5000' MSL, generator power is less than the output at sea level. If altitude IS an issue, in addition to reduced power, you're also likely to encounter a fouled spark plug.

Most newer gens come with a high altitude jet for the carb. On the class C’s that we sell with an onboard gen have an altitude compensation knob to lean out the mixture.

I agree with your statement, and I don’t know the OP’s altitude.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #23
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetzone86 View Post

Now, the ac runs for a little bit, but the generator keeps turning off. It does the overload, then shuts off completely. I've even popped the breaker on the converter, turned off everything in the rv, unplugged, everything, etc and it's still doing it.

Hi,
Please confirm..... Generator shuts down with everything unplugged..... Including the shore power cord to the generator??????? In other words does the Generator also stop with nothing plugged into it?

My EU1000 acted as you described once...... Turned out that I did not have the vent on the top of the gas cap opened to "Run" causing the gas tank to vacuum lock.

Lee
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:37 PM   #24
hankpage
Site Team

I am glad to see that you got everything up and running. As for fridge, leave it on gas, it will work better on gas and it uses very little propane. As mentioned your battery will go dead with the converter turned off .... your fridge and WH needs 12v dc for the control boards and ignition .. Once the battery is fully charged the converter will draw very little to maintain the charge and supply dc for lights and controls. (replace light bulbs with leds)
Good luck with the stick house, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #25
notanlines

Lee, why did you read the first post and jump to the end? You should read what’s in between. You’ll be glad you did. Good info to be had, including the answer to the mystry.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #26
tweetzone86

Sure, but we're trying to get out of debt, not further into it We don't typically have the time or more importantly, the funds to be able to vacation frequently. The ONLY one we've had in the 11 years we've been married was to a family reunion taking place because my aunt was dying of cancer.

Our property is a farm and we're going to have animals (have 10 chickens now, in fact, and will be adding meat steer and pig, meat and more laying chickens, milk cow, a couple horses, etc). So it won't be easy to just hop in the rv for a long weekend- we'd have to coordinate someone to feed, water the animals and milk the cow while we're gone.

We will probably get another travel trailer someday-when we can pay cash for it and not have a $230/month payment on it (that money is going toward animal feed and farm stuff once construction is done and we get the rest of our animals). We didn't have a choice on the payment right now (either rv or house and house was more important-we're cash flowing the house because we're building it ourselves).

But we do Dave Ramsey, and part of that is getting out of debt, not further into it (we're actually in less debt now than before we sold our house in town even with the RV). So the TT will have to be sold once house is done, but in the future when we're debt free we will probably get another one
tweetzone86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #27
tweetzone86

My altitude is about 2,500 feet And I don't have an onboard genny with this one.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:06 PM   #28
tweetzone86

It's a 30 amp plug though? Why a 50 amp outlet?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #29
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetzone86 View Post
It's a 30 amp plug though? Why a 50 amp outlet?
For when you upgrade your trailer and need 50. You can get 30 amp from a 50, but if going through the trouble of the install, it may be good to just put in a 50.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:05 AM   #30
Rgregor

Good for you guys! My wife and I are trying to do the same except with fewer animals. Good luck and God Bless!
Rgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #31
duh1

Need a slightly bigger generator. Our 3500 does our 2910bh just fine. Tried smaller.bennies but they did exactly what yours is doing. Try running frig on propane and go to led bulbs and minimize draw. That as is a big in hot weather.
duh1 is offline   Reply With Quote