Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
Debrussell9999

Black Tank Flush 2016 bullet premier

I'm just getting ready to winterize and put my hose in the black tank Flusher. Water is going in but it isn't going out. My valves are all open in the bottom, both gray and black tank valves are closed, black tank was emptied before I started the flusher. The water never went on the ground, never went into the tank. I didn't hear any type of motor for the flusher kick in. Does anyone know if the water goes directly into the black tank? I waited about 5 minutes before shutting the water off.

Thank you, Debbie
Debrussell9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:09 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The black tank rinser line goes from the connection to an anti siphon valve and then to the tank. If your heating water run, it’s going somewhere. The valves are a known leak point, usually located under the bathroom sink.

Have you put your ear or hand on the hose to verify that water is in fact flowing? That anti siphon valve may be stuck or installed backwards.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:28 PM   #3
skids

Maybe your antisiphon valve (probably under the BR sink) is installed backwards.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:56 PM   #4
Debrussell9999

I looked under the br sink and opened the panel next to the sink. I can see all the hoses and there is nothing attached to them like an anti-siphon valve. I guess the 2016's are different or someone has removed it (I'm not the 1st owner). Thanks again for your help. I'm going to take it to the dealer because I'm clue-less.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:24 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

How many PEX tubes are under your bathroom vanity? If there are two, they're for the hot/cold faucet supply. On the other hand, if there are four, then two are for the faucet and the other two are for the anti-siphon valve.

It's as simple as counting the PEX tubes to determine if there is supposed to be a black tank flush system anti-siphon valve inside the vanity cabinet.

If there are four tubes, a previous owner "might have removed the anti-siphon valve" or it may be "tucked up under the vanity top, behind the faucet connections and "IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE" when just looking inside the vanity. On mine, I have to get on my back, stick my head inside the vanity with a flash light shining up behind the sink bowl to even see where those extra two PEX tubes go. The anti-siphon valve is "way up there, behind the faucet connections" and in the shadows, it becomes invisible unless you know exactly where to look and use a flashlight to illuminate the area.

If there are four PEX tubes, then you're just not seeing the anti-siphon valve or the "plumbing bypass" that the previous owner used to replace that valve.

Here's photos that might help you:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLACK TANK FLUSH VALVE CORRECTION.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	45834   Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank flush valve.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	45835   Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank flush valve2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	45836  
Attached Images

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:58 AM   #6
jxnbbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrussell9999 View Post
I'm just getting ready to winterize and put my hose in the black tank Flusher. Water is going in but it isn't going out. My valves are all open in the bottom, both gray and black tank valves are closed, black tank was emptied before I started the flusher. The water never went on the ground, never went into the tank. I didn't hear any type of motor for the flusher kick in. Does anyone know if the water goes directly into the black tank? I waited about 5 minutes before shutting the water off.

Thank you, Debbie

Normally...you attach the hose to the flush connector, where it is plumbed through an anti-siphoning device (discussed by others) and then from there to a "spray head" mounted in the black tank that sprays/flushes the tank.

Sometimes the anti-siphoning device is installed incorrectly or bad and blocks the flow. Sometime the connection is is loose and it is leaking inside the trailer. In my case there was a kink in the water line so there was no flow at all. Once fixed there is a defined flow/spraying noise that can be heard from the connection point outside the trailer.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 02:21 PM   #7
Debrussell9999

I want to thank everyone for their responses. I didn't see any siphoning hose, I even removed the bathroom sink (wanted to replace it anyways). What I did is back flush the unit and am moving it to storage in Florida.

Again, you guys are awesome for taking the time to help me.

Debbie
Old 12-13-2023, 12:29 PM   #8
ibcnu

Angry Black tank cleanout OVERFLOW.

I have a 2019 280URB. On my first camping trip with this camper, I was cleaning out the black tank for the 4th time. Still seeing light paper and dirty water. On the 5th time, I got distracted with something. Next thing I see is water coming out of one of my outside speakers. Immediately remembered the water running. Ran to turn off the main water. Thank God it was the 5th rinse. Water was pouring out of the ceiling. No water came out of the toilet. I am wondering if the factory failed to connect the vent to the roof. If it was connected, shouldn't the water flow out the vent? With the toilet not overflowing I'm confused. I bought a flow meter and watch it, never letting the water fill no more than 25 gallons to clean it out. Also the black tank sensor has never worked correctly.
Any help/advice will be appreciated.
ibcnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 01:48 PM   #9
Debrussell9999

I just bought a flush king back flush and for the first time my black tank is clean. It took 5 tries. I unfortunately don't have any advise on your mystery. Good Luck. Debbie
Old 12-13-2023, 03:00 PM   #10
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcnu View Post
I have a 2019 280URB. On my first camping trip with this camper, I was cleaning out the black tank for the 4th time. Still seeing light paper and dirty water. On the 5th time, I got distracted with something. Next thing I see is water coming out of one of my outside speakers.(snip)
Any help/advice will be appreciated.
I would love to believe you, but I am having troubles with that. You are a natural comedian right?
Old 12-13-2023, 03:02 PM   #11
skids

I suggest that water through the back flush be done according to directions. Open the main dump valve prior to running the water!2
Old 12-14-2023, 05:28 PM   #12
WNY Bullet

Quote:

Thank you, Debbie
Debbie, What model Bullet Premier do you have?
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 05:26 AM   #13
Debrussell9999

I have a 2016 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite Premier 19FBPR
Old 12-15-2023, 05:35 AM   #14
WNY Bullet

Quote:
I have a 2016 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite Premier 19FBPR
Your bathroom layout is similar to my layout and your black tank flush port is located on the same place on the back wall. Look in your bathroom cabinet to the left of your bathroom sink, mine is located there.

Mike
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 01:58 PM   #15
firestation12

Quote:
I want to thank everyone for their responses. I didn't see any siphoning hose, I even removed the bathroom sink (wanted to replace it anyways). What I did is back flush the unit and am moving it to storage in Florida.

Again, you guys are awesome for taking the time to help me.

Debbie
Glad you found the issue, I was beginning to think you had discovered an actual “black hole”.
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 12:22 PM   #16
jxnbbl

I looked at the floor plan of the trailer and a picture of the bathroom. You should look in the cabinets in the bathroom that abut the back wall and see if you see a panel with 4 screws that might look like the cabinet of the wall...but really is an access panel.

In my bathroom the valve is located behind the medicine cabinet. To access it you have to empty the cabinet and remove the panel.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, bullet, bullet premier, premier, tank