Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Scott s

Generator size?

I just bought a 2019 Bullet 248RKSWE travel trailer we like to go boondocking. We have a 15.0 BTU air conditioner anyone know what size generator would be needed?
Scott s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:36 AM   #2
anuccite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott s View Post
I just bought a 2019 Bullet 248RKSWE travel trailer we like to go boondocking. We have a 15.0 BTU air conditioner anyone know what size generator would be needed?

I Just bought the Champion 3400 dual fuel inverter ~$975

Since your camper is new, you should have no trouble running the AC unit / fridge / battery charger....

Keep in mind, if your fridge is warm (meaning you didn't run it on LP to keep it cool while traveling, it MAY draw too much electricity to cool it down) Mine stays cold while in driveway, so even with 6+ hour travel time, I was able to fire up the generator and run all 3 items with no issue.

On a full LP tank (grill size) I got just under 12 hours running AC pretty hard (85+ weather) and the fridge and battery tender

anuccite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 AM   #3
K_N_L

One setup I've thought was unique, a buddy has two of the Honda 2000 units with the companion cable, so he has 4K combined, which will cover most everything. He has rigged up a fuel line system with a split that connects both Honda's fuel tank caps to a a marine 6 gallon tank. The onboard tanks stay full all the time. Benefit is the Eco mode, which is very quiet, and in cold weather he only needs to run 1 unit for heat, TV and battery charging. Seems to run forever with the 6 gallon tank.
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:26 AM   #4
kcmusa

Depends on what you want to run. the AC, you need about a 3K. people have good things to say about the Champions.
The Honda's are pricey but you get 2 and run only one if needed. they are also light compared to the Champion.
kcmusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:24 AM   #5
KSH

I have the gasoline only version of https://www.costco.com/Champion-DUAL...100284958.html
Got it from costco for around $500 and works great. I can run the ac without a problem.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator