Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2018, 04:57 AM   #1
billsr

Taking a trip to the Upper Peninsula

1st part of July the wife, myself, and our Minister and his wife are going to the Upper Peninsula for 5 days. We will be leaving Church and head North, and will more than likely stay in a big box parking lot Sunday night.
Monday we will get to Otter Lake Campground in Munising, MI., which is where we will stay for the week.
Will be traveling with our Bullet Premier and hoping all goes well. I've never been there (wife has), so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
notanlines

Bill, while y’all are there be sure to have lunch at Muldoon’s, the yellow house on the highway! It will not disappoint.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Bill, while y’all are there be sure to have lunch at Muldoon’s, the yellow house on the highway! It will not disappoint.
I was just about to make the same suggestion. Be sure to order an apple pasty for dessert. We went through Munising yesterday on the way back home, stopped for lunch and brought 6 apple pasties home for the freezer. Two didn't make it past last night..... <burrrrrp>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:09 AM   #4
John&Tweety

Bill make sure to take the Picture Rock boat tour the sunset cruise is nice weather permitting sit on top deck,the Frozen Filmingo has good ice cream! Happy Trails.
John&Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:07 AM   #5
billsr

I am printing out all of your suggestions, so we know where to eat, etc. when we get there. Thanks to all of you.
Bill
Old 07-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #6
billsr

Well, we had a great time on our trip. Went to Muldoons for Pastee's, and they were pretty good. Took the evening boat ride out of Munising to see the Pictured Rocks. What an awesome sight.
Our first night (Sunday) we stayed at Indian River RV Resort and what a nice place to camp. City water on each site, electrical too, and a black water sewer connection also. We stayed there one night on the way back home because it was so nice.

Monday morning we set out for Otter Lake RV campground, using the trucks GPS system. Following its directions, we ended up going on National Forest Roads in Hiawatha National Park. Oh boy, what fun. The roads were dirt/sand and narrow. Barely enough room for the truck, and we're towing a 27 foot RV. We kept getting deeper into the forest and discussed finding a place to turn around and get back out the way we went in. We finally met another vehicle coming our way on the road we were on, and they were able to pull off, so we could get by.
I stopped and asked them how to get out of the forest and they said they were having trouble too. They were in an open top Jeep, so it wasn't as bad as us with our F150 and RV. They told us to continue going in the direction they had come from and we would get to a paved road. Finally got to the road and were able to get to the campground.
We were riding in the Forest for about a half hour before we got out of it. I was waiting for Bigfoot to pop out at us, but he stayed hidden.