Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2018, 04:10 AM   #61
DVPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I left the last campsite with my water pump running, (forgot to turn it off) didn't realize that my fresh water tank was empty. got to the new camp ground and heard this low rumble noise. It was my water pump still running on an empty tank. Put water in the tank and the sound didn't make the normal rumble but a low steady noise, sounded like it could build pressure to me. So, am I right in thinking I burned out the impeller ? Should I replace the pump or just the impeller or what ? Any better pumps out there other that the original factory pump????
I've done this same thing many times. These pumps are actually pretty tough. Did you open a valve somewhere when you tried running your pump? You need somewhere for the air to go for the pump to prime itself again.

If your pump is dead, replace the whole pump. There are plenty of better pumps out there and they're not that expensive. Keystone did not splurge on the water pump.
DVPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:04 AM   #62
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
... You can always add a 16 buck (Walmart/Amazon) Camco in-line filter that works well too - just remember to change it occasionally. ...
I shake as much water out of our Camco filter as possible and then stick it in the house freezer when we are not using it. This gets us about 6 months of use before swapping it out.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:12 PM   #63
34kw

I would never travel with a partial tank. I think the damage from sloshing would be worse than the weight of a full tank.
34kw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water