Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2017, 03:50 PM   #21
freespool50

ah yes vern and peggy. im on the stt forum but not alot. i hang with todd, john, samir, etc.. started out with 2007 FZ6, then 2013 R6 then 2014 R6. now just have harleys. those dont track very well lol. hope to see yall at barber when i come and just hang out. of course i'll be in my new (to me) toy hauler without a toy. see you soon!!
Old 03-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #22
xrated

We will be at several Barber events this year too, the April event for sure. Peggy retired from track riding after last season, but will continue to be on staff working registration, incident investigator, etc. It's going to be kind of weird to not see her suiting up on first call....she's a trooper for sure.

Yes, make sure you find us, since I'm still not sure of who you are. We are probably going to start pitting on the 2nd tier this season....it's a little quieter up there and with Peg not having to go back and forth to the classroom after the Novice sessions, it won't matter on trying to be close to the race control building. Hope to see you at the track soon....I'm still working on the T.H. getting it ready, but it's only a month away, so I gotta get busy (busier)
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:59 AM   #23
Bohdan

Interesting discussions. I need to get a couple of Condor chocks in the hauler. I hear about the Pitstop, but since I have the Condor, makes sense to continue to utilize. In my new to me M398 2010, I need to haul a Goldwing and Goldwing Trike. I see this discussion says drilling into the floor. Is this enough or do the tie downs and chock locations have to be reinforced to the frame? Mighty obliged.
Bohdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:10 AM   #24
xrated

I would NEVER depend on the tire downs just being bolted to the floor. They need to be anchored in some manner to the frame. The wheel chock however, I would be OK with bolting it to the floor. There really isn't much lateral force on the chock, but the tie downs are holding the bike up and pulling on it from opposite sides, so those need a solid frame type anchor point.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #25
AbHDToyHauler

As mentioned above , I use the biker bar. No straps , no hassle and quickly removable when you get where you want to be. But you do have to drill holes in the floor. I had some ideas on how to make it work by using existing tie downs but haven't had time to play with idea yet. I have hauled many bikes (Harleys) to Arizona and back to Canada without even a quarter inch of movement and no straps to fail and scratch things.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:42 AM   #26
Bohdan

Yeah, that biker bar is pretty neat. Assuming that is the B and W one. Unfortunately, doesn't fit Goldwings. Thanks for your input. I do agree the tie downs maybe better attached to the frame. Now just to find a dealer that can do that. Mighty obliged.
Bohdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:28 AM   #27
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdan View Post
Yeah, that biker bar is pretty neat. Assuming that is the B and W one. Unfortunately, doesn't fit Goldwings. Thanks for your input. I do agree the tie downs maybe better attached to the frame. Now just to find a dealer that can do that. Mighty obliged.
Another possibility if bolting to the frame is too difficult.....You could buy a piece of aluminum plate....maybe 4" wide and cut it to whatever length you need, then run your tie down anchors bolts through some holes in that plate....on the underside of the trailer.....kind of like a huge washer. I seriously doubt that it could ever be pulled through the flooring. The bolts would likely break long before that happened.. Just make sure that you don't use bolts that are too soft and to small. For me, a minimum size would probably be 5/16" our 3/8 grade 5 volt or stainless is the same size.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #28
Brentw

I purchased a wheel dock (https://wheeldock.com/collections/main) and fortunately was able to slide the front cross tube over a 1 1/2 square tube. The tube was cut to fit across my front 2 tie downs and was secured to them with 2 J bolts. Then tie straps from bike to remaining tie-downs.
Goldwing has not moved.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #29
MattE303

This is my totally ghetto setup . When we first got the toy hauler I planned on getting something fancy like you all have, I just threw these together with what I had in the garage as a temporary solution, but they work so good I keep using them. They're not bolted down or anything, I just set them on the floor up against the forward wall and the bikes have never budged. After unloading, I put them some place out of the way until it's time to go home. Probably wouldn't get the job done for a Gold Wing, but for 250lb dirt bikes, they're perfect!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180615_085835.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	17008  

2002 Ford F350 7.3 Super Duty XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW -- Pullrite Super 5th 16K
2017 Keystone Carbon 337
2022 Honda CRF-450R
MattE303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #30
AbHDToyHauler

Bikes in with biker bar holding them.

Here are my Harley Street Glide and wife's Tri-glide in Toy Hauler with biker bars holding them in place. Sorry I put the covers on before taking photo. We technically could use straps easy enough to hold her trike but biker bar ensures no movement whatsoever. Also I can then take another bike (my son has a RoadKing) if we want as we have the extra biker bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ToyHaulerLoaded.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	17450  
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyhauler