Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #21
Nitehawk

Pressure test your lines . But in the mean time go get yourself a Buddy heater to at least get some heat in the trailer..
Purge the lines of air then check all connections with soapy water for leaks. To test if the cold is affecting the tanks wrap a warming pad around them and use to Genny to heat the tanks. Also I have seen propane lines have water in them due to condensation in the pipe ,so the air pressure blowing out the lines should be done while both ends of the pipe are disconnected . Watch out for spider nest in the ventricle tubes.
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #22
terrythetech

If it's off the tank and regulator I think you should be able to just blow through it. Can't remember but there is a small round part that goes into the tank connector. It may have to be slightly depressed but if I remember it should flow without pressing it in. If you have the hose in hand you may be able to reset the ball and spring to the open position by beating it up a bit. Gas flows from the tank end to the regulator end so if it is stuck it would be stuck towards the little end. You may be able to push it free until you get a new one by pushing a stiff wire like a coat hanger into the small end. If you feel resistance in that end you have found the ball that may be stuck. It doesn't move much but it will move. Off you can feel it move even a little bit try blowing through it again. If you get it open be sure to seal up the small end threads with Teflon tape and when you open it do so very very slowly so it doesn't get stuck again. I replaced mine, got the old one working again and kept it for a spare. My camper is in winter storage so I cannot verify all this. The ball may be on the other (tank end) if so then about the only thing you could do is try to free up the ball by jarring it loose again. Maybe smacking it on the brass center with the plastic end of a screwdriver so not to damage the connection. Make sure it is not so cold that it could be frozen in place by moisture. Above freezing... Not hot. I would still replace the hose if you get it working but keep the original as a spare. I am pretty sure you should be able to blow through the hose. If not.... It's stuck shut. Wish I had the hose here to check it. Just be safe. No leaks when you get it going. No rotten egg smell, no bubbles if you use soapy water.
terrythetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:29 PM   #23
terrythetech

My email address

Send me a message and I'll send you my phone number so we can talk.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:03 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

If you use "Teflon tape" it should be specifically made for use on gas fittings, typically yellow in color in a yellow container. Yes there is a difference. You can get it at any " big box" home improvement or hardware store.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:09 AM   #25
chuckster57
Site Team

Just to add, if it’s a flare fitting you don’t use anything.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #26
Colorado603

Hey Everybody. I HAVE HEAT!! Thanks so much for all the ideas and help. I replaced the small hose from the tank to the regulator and the very dead battery. I would have replaced that small hose earlier but I had changed it last summer so I didn't think it could have gone bad so fast.

Safe travels and hope to see you out there!
Colorado603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #27
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado603 View Post
Hey Everybody. I replaced the small hose from the tank to the regulator and the very dead battery.

Curious. Did you try blowing through the hose once you removed it?
Old 01-18-2020, 06:13 PM   #28
terrythetech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado603 View Post
Hey Everybody. I HAVE HEAT!! Thanks so much for all the ideas and help. I replaced the small hose from the tank to the regulator and the very dead battery. I would have replaced that small hose earlier but I had changed it last summer so I didn't think it could have gone bad so fast.

Thought that hose was it. Glad it worked for you. Same issue I had from turning on the tank too fast. Thought I had done it slow enough but live and learn. Get the old one working and keep it for a spare! Glad to help. I sent a link to call me but got justifiably scolded for posting my email address.
Heat good, 0 degrees here now. 15 below soon. keep warm my friend.

Tags
heat, heater