Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Gobirds38

Aussie Gas Grill

My new TT came with a Aussie Gas Grill. Has anyone ever used one?

2020 Keystone Passport GT 2521RL 30 FT.
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH 1000 LBS Bars.
2016 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4X4 All Terrain V8 5.3
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The Aussie grill was standard equipment on some Keystone trailers for several years. Some owners like them, some don't. Some say they are junk, some replace whatever they might have with an Aussie grill as an upgrade....

Ours is 6 years old and we're still using it, so for us, it's OK. I prefer to cook over the campfire on burned down coals, so it doesn't get a lot of use, but we're not dis-satisfied with our Aussie grill.

I'd say, to each his own, some will love them, some will call them junk, some will fall "somewhere in the middle"... As for yours: Try it, see if you like it, if you do, use it, if you don't, then replace it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
Gobirds38

Thanks John for the info. We will definitely try it out. The trailer came with a bumper mount for it, do they make other gas grills for that Bumper Mount on my Keystone?

2020 Keystone Passport GT 2521RL 30 FT.
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH 1000 LBS Bars.
2016 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4X4 All Terrain V8 5.3
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:09 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There are several ways to modify the bumper mount to create a "shelf" on which you can sit anything from a dishpan to a Coleman stove. The bumper grill is only limited to your "imagination and modification skills".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #5
Northofu1

They are JUNK

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #6
danf

They are no different than those fold up portable grills that use those small gas "torch" cylinders. If you are a foodie and really into grilling, it isn't going to cut it. On the other hand, if you need to just cook up some burgers and dogs, it will work fine.

I found once used, it was nothing I wanted to stow in the pass through storage or anywhere in the camper. If I brought it, I would throw it in the back of the truck.

The other thing is make sure the plastic cap is on the gas line. If it falls off or you forget to put it back on after you disconnect the grill then road dirt will find it's way in the pipe. The next time you use the grill it won't get hot enough to cook anything because the gas line is obstructed with dirt or whatever. When this happened to me I used a tooth pick to clean out the line.

I recently picked up a lodge hibachi more or less as a replacement since I carry it in the back of the truck anyway. Never got to use it tho.
danf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas