Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Can't access the link: This is the "forum notice:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin
Well, guess you have to join that myrvtalk.com to view posts. It is a great forum with friendly folks; many former or current Sunnybrook owners. Will post a pic of my friend's truck. He camps around the corner at the Lakehills Thousand Trails park every year or two. He isn't coming this year due the condition it was in last year when he camped here. Tore the roof on his 5ver due overhanging limbs and some water issues if I recall correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_91.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	24359  
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #22
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cruiser View Post
I inquired where the truck was located.
Got this.

This truck is top of the line. Fully Equipped. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans. The price is firm, $37,500. I am selling it because my husband died a month ago (he suffered a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and also I just had a neck surgery at my vocal cords (Vocal nodules) and I need the money to pay the medical bills for recovery.
Just let me know if you are interested and where are you located. Please contact me only if you have funds available.
Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!
Anna Mayers

Sooooooooooooooo
That seems like a real good price. Compare at commercialtrucktrader.com:

https://www.commercialtrucktrader.co...14%7C764947130

Just a quick google search: "freightliner sport chassis for sale" turns up a bunch of those things for sale at a wide spread of pricing. I know nothing about this class of truck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #23
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
That seems like a real good price. Compare at commercialtrucktrader.com:

https://www.commercialtrucktrader.co...14%7C764947130

Just a quick google search: "freightliner sport chassis for sale" turns up a bunch of those things for sale at a wide spread of pricing. I know nothing about this class of truck.
It's a steal if that's all there is to the story. It's seems fishy though.
She wouldn't say where it was.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I inquired where the truck was located.
Got this.

This truck is top of the line. Fully Equipped. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans. The price is firm, $37,500. I am selling it because my husband died a month ago (he suffered a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories and also I just had a neck surgery at my vocal cords (Vocal nodules) and I need the money to pay the medical bills for recovery.
Just let me know if you are interested and where are you located. Please contact me only if you have funds available.
Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!
Anna Mayers

Sooooooooooooooo
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH right. And I bet she has a good deal on getting an inheritance from a Nubian Prince, all you need to do is wire her some money and then .....
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
It's a steal if that's all there is to the story. It's seems fishy though.
She wouldn't say where it was.
Wouldn't say or didn't say ?????

Has anyone who might be interested contacted her to ask anything? Even if it's still available ??? It may have sold in the first 10 minutes the link was up or it may be a scam and the link is still there, "Trolling" for greedy people with more money than "internet common sense" .....

I will suggest that anyone who might be interested, proceed with caution. At the same time, we've all heard about the "brand new pickup that sold for $10" (by the wife who caught her husband in bed with his secretary and wanted to get even before the divorce)... So, buyer beware, but "steals do exist"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

A close friend of mind owns a reality company. He always told me "a steal of deal typically gets stolen before it has time to hit the classifieds." That "little old lady" selling that truck must own a business for it appears as the photos were taken at an industrial park and the vehicle has been detailed and there are some suspicious items in the photos like the wire loom being painted, the brake pedal looks like more wear than the milage, the compartment door for the DEF tank looks corroded on the inside, and the INSISTENCE that you bring CASH.

No thanks, I'll pass.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #27
sourdough
Site Team

I would encourage any/all to be very wary of a listing like this. Had a very similar, if not identical, experience trying to buy a Jeep off Craig's list. The price was unbelievably low and had a similar situation given and wanted payment upfront and he would have the vehicle "shipped" to me via private carrier.

I advised this person that I didn't buy anything without seeing it. He told me it was located somewhere up north (ND maybe?) but he had been sent to work out of state. I asked the address of where it was and that I would just catch a plane to come see it (knowing by now it was a scam). The story changed a couple of times always in the attempt to make sure I didn't see it (he supposedly moved it during this). I eventually advised him I knew it was a scam and was informing Craigs list as well as making an effort to have him investigated; the ad disappeared. Moral? Beware of things too good to be true!
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:01 AM   #28
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Wouldn't say or didn't say ?????

Well all I asked is where the truck is located. So I guess either, but she didn't say.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Well all I asked is where the truck is located. So I guess either, but she didn't say.
So you contacted her and she didn't tell you where it was located???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #30
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

Quote:
So you contacted her and she didn't tell you where it was located???
Yea I emailed & she didn't say where she was but asked where I was.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:11 PM   #31
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Yea I emailed & she didn't say where she was but asked where I was.

Sure makes we wonder.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Sure makes we wonder.
Yeah, me too..... With a price that low, one would think it's a "hurry up and sell" kind of urgency, but if she's not willing to answer basic questions, well, just how much of an urgent sell is it ????

Like others have said, lots of red flags.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 11-15-2019, 06:38 AM   #33
77cruiser
Gone Traveling

A little more to the story. I think I'll pass on this.

Thanks for the reply. For the moment I am in hospital trying to recover after surgery. This is the reason why I left the truck stored with all the paperwork at the shipping company (Advanced Freight Solutions MT) in Corvallis, MT ready to be delivered. I will take care of the shipping. I want to use their escrow and transport services as they offer 100% protection and insurance to both buyers and sellers.

I will try to explain you in a few words how it works. The payment must be sent to them and they will offer you a benefit of 5 days inspection period and then I will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the truck and agree to keep it, they will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can physically see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship it back on my expense.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:05 AM   #34
Bolo4u

Quote:
A little more to the story. I think I'll pass on this.

Thanks for the reply. For the moment I am in hospital trying to recover after surgery. This is the reason why I left the truck stored with all the paperwork at the shipping company (Advanced Freight Solutions MT) in Corvallis, MT ready to be delivered. I will take care of the shipping. I want to use their escrow and transport services as they offer 100% protection and insurance to both buyers and sellers.

I will try to explain you in a few words how it works. The payment must be sent to them and they will offer you a benefit of 5 days inspection period and then I will get the payment. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the truck and agree to keep it, they will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can physically see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns. In case you won`t be satisfied, you can cancel the transaction and ship it back on my expense.

I wonder what a phone call to this company (it does exist, based on a google search) would reveal?
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #35
tgpilot

Ten years ago I had a FL 60 that looked a lot like that truck. I used it to pull my 38' fifthwheel and to tow a 53' foot step deck trailer that I used to haul freight all over the US. Really never knew the trailers were behind me. Loved that truck. I had a sleeper built in the back seat area too.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #36
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo4u View Post
I wonder what a phone call to this company (it does exist, based on a google search) would reveal?
I just checked google earth and I don't see anything that looks like what the website implies. It's very nice farm country but no businesses. The website lists another address as well as warehouse and google earth does show public storage, rv's and other buildings but non labeled by google as the business in question. Not concrete proof, but unless you can personally see the truck and talk to the escrow agent I would be suspicious. I just checked google earth again and the stfreet Stein Ln is beside the storage units but is not mapped by google and is a dirt road with only one house? on it. Sounding more suspicious, but a phone call to the local police might prove interesting.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #37
linux3

A little google foo:
https://freightbrokeralert.com/advan...solutions-inc/
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #38
tylerj1966
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2366 View Post
What do you think the mpg would be on the freight liner. Ha
We're about to see how well it does. I just took delivery of a 2020 to tow my old Raptor 3512SS. I opted for the highest HP/torque Cummins L9 I could get. First drive it was getting 16.5 mpg @70 mph on the dash read-out - no bed, no trailer. Best thing about the M2... IT'S AN SRW!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25386.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	24418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191116_124621373_HDR.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	24419  
tylerj1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #39
PaulRod

Keystone 1/2 ton series

One of the O P questions went un answered. Yes it would adequately tow a Keystone 1/2 ton series. Please revert back to RVing rule #1. Under no circumstances is there such a thing/myth that you bought too much truck.
(In RVing there is no such thing as too much truck)
PaulRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #40
RET.LEO

Considering the quality of build, low miles it's cheaper than a new pick-up. It can tow any length trailer, weight would never be a factor. It still has 10 plus years of life left plus another 500K miles.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, tow, tow vehicle