Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2023, 06:51 PM   #1
Bandito

Inverter Loop Outlets Dead On Shore Power

Well, it seems that something is wrong with the inverter loop outlets on our Cougar 33RLI as they are all currently dead. I’ve read that this is a fairly common problem from Keystone and perhaps other manufacturers as well.

The outlet on the outside of the trailer that is on the inverter loop says that it is also GFCI protected, but I am unable to find a GFCI outlet on any of the inverter loop outlets. I’ve read that sometimes they are in the passthrough, but my trailer doesn’t have one there. I could only find two GFCI outlets on the trailer: one at the bathroom sink and one in the closet where you can add a washer/dryer to the trailer. Both are working just fine.

Does anyone have any other ideas on where to look for the actual GFCI outlet in the inverter loop for the 33RLI? I am thinking that the lack of power to the outlets is likely something simple like a tripped GFCI as the inverter is on and shows that it is in bypass mode when on shore power. I haven’t tried the outlets on battery power yet.

We are traveling currently, so will have to schedule an appointment to get this looked at and to have one of the AC units moved to the other leg of the power line when we get back home. I checked with the local Camping World where we are staying, but they have all of their service techs winterizing their inventory this week so they aren’t taking any appointments.

Thanks for any suggestions that you can provide!
Old 09-27-2023, 05:40 PM   #2
Bandito

Well, I was right. It was the GFCI on the inverted outlets that had tripped. I found an additional outlet by the bed at the very front of the trailer and it had tripped. A simple reset and all of the inverter loop outlets are now working. Whew!
Old 09-27-2023, 06:01 PM   #3
markdol1

sorry i did not get to you yesterday. i also have a 33rli. the bedroom gfi outlet left of the closet contols all the outlets with the yellow sticker and the bathroom gfi outlet is for the blue sticker outlets .always look in the inverter space and push the silver button on .
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:38 AM   #4
Bandito

@markdol1, thanks for the support!

Tags
inverter, outlets, power