Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #21
hidefman

When I turn it to cool on the thermostat I can hear a click sound coming from the a/c unit but that’s all it does.. .. is there a fuse in it or a reset button on it That I need to hit or replace
hidefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:57 AM   #22
hidefman

I figured out why my a/c wasn’t working,,, grrrr ... somehow the breaker in my shed that the camper is plugged into got tripped.. put it back on and it is all working..

I tell ya .. [emoji2357]... grrr ... don’t know how it happened... but in any which case I got it working again and put the old thermostat back on..

I’d still like to get a thermostat that has a hi/low fan feature and possibly programmable... that won’t break the bank.. any suggestions what will work with my a/c ... ??

Thanks to all that chimed in on this .. much appreciated..
Old 05-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

Good deal!!! What you heard clicking was the relay for the AC. There has been a few threads on changing out the thermostat for a programmable one but if I recall, the issue is the voltage needed to operate the thermostat.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #24
hidefman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Good deal!!! What you heard clicking was the relay for the AC. There has been a few threads on changing out the thermostat for a programmable one but if I recall, the issue is the voltage needed to operate the thermostat.

The one the last guy put in is programmable but doesn’t have a switch for hi/low fan
Old 05-18-2019, 09:12 PM   #25
larryflew

Not in our Freedom 28 trailer. AC has separate 24 volt control power with separate thermostat connectors. Have not checked our Alpine as we never had any problems.

Did your old thermostat have 2 speed switch. Do you know that your AC has a 2 speed blower? If so you can always add a mini toggle switch.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #26
hidefman

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryflew View Post
Not in our Freedom 28 trailer. AC has separate 24 volt control power with separate thermostat connectors. Have not checked our Alpine as we never had any problems.

Did your old thermostat have 2 speed switch. Do you know that your AC has a 2 speed blower? If so you can always add a mini toggle switch.

My old thermostat doesn’t have a hi low switch, and yes my a/c has a 2 speed blower.. already verified by tech

Tags
303tg, laredo, laredo 303tg