Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
roger

Angry Warranty repairs,NOT

I just got my trailer back from WALNUT RIDGE FAMILY RV CENTER in NEW CASTLE INDIANA,for warranty repairs. LEAKING roof well so far it might be fixed but most of the other things that I brought the trailer in for were not TOUCHED. I dropped it off in Aug 08 and just picked it up I had to have them repair the wire harness that was still hanging out under the slide.
When I picked up the trailer I was told to get it in the lot,it was parked next to another trailer about 10" away, nobody came out to help clear the two trailers while pulling out, everything was left on in the trailer to drain the battery, the trailer was not winterized over this past winter since they had it for seven months list goes on.
DONT BUY THERE!
roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
CampingBandit

Sorry to hear of your bad situation. When we dropped off our TT to the dealer for our warranty repairs, we decided to store it with them for the winter as it was a good price, but the winterization was an extra fee on top of the storage fee. I wonder if they didn't make that clear to you. Did you have any damage from it not being winterized? Hope your situation gets better. Maybe you can find another dealer who will service your trailer?
CampingBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
roger

walnut ridge

I had brought the trailer in with many issues,they didn't think I was coming back for it,since there was a lawsuit involved with the whole mess. I ended up fixing everything myself. Some of the cute things they did was in the door tracks that had fallen down, they had installed to long of screws and didn't install them in all the way but left them hanging in the way so the doors would not close,in hope that the customer would finish installing them and run them right through the rubber roof. One would think that a trailer company wouldn't do something like that,but when you have employee's standing at the service door watching you try to pull out with the trailer boxed in and just smile at you,they also screwed with you. I found other things done in the trailer as well. Over tighten clamps on the water pump lines which broke while out on a trip,clamps so tight the hose was cut into by the clamp........etc. I ended going through the whole unit and saw the stupid repairs they had attemped. Some people should never touch a tool
roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 AM   #4
antiqfreq

So it has been 7 months since your original post, you did decide then
to keep the trailer?

You plan to just finish it up and sell it or is it finally roadworthy??

I hate when things should be right to begin with and then when you
find things wrong you still can't get satisfaction.

Luckily most people who own campers are good at repairing things-
as long as they aren't major undertakings!

I hope you have worked things out to your satisfaction and have
many years of great camping experiences.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Couldn't help noticing you mentioned lawsuit. After numerous problems with my original dealer and Keystone, I found a dealer willing to help. The service writer at this dealership knew I was absolutely livid with both of them, but she advised me to not meet Keystone's factory rep and mention anything about lawyers or lawsuits. She told me they are told to stop talking to you as soon as you say anything like that. Most people aren't aware that these things are not covered under any states' Lemon Laws, unless they have an engine. They are however covered under a law called the Magnuson Moss warranty act. Only trouble is, you need to find an attorney familiar with the law (no small task) and be willing to shell out big bucks. Think the RV company doesn't know that? How did you make out with that?
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote