Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
TheGriz

Export RV Parky Itinerary into Garmin GPS

Hi all,

Doing an eastern Tennessee trip shortly. I have been laying out the itinerary in RV Parky. My question, can I export the RV Parky itinerary into my new Garmin RV780?

I just started using RV Parky. I like it so far. Gives all kinds of info like low overpasses, free parking with ratings, all the fee campgrounds with ratings, truck stops, rest stops, etc, etc. Others' thoughts on RV Parky???

And yes, I am using Garmin's latest RV GPS, the RV780. So far, so good. Used on a short trip to a SAR conference a couple weekends ago. I got the RV780 as a result of my Garmin 660 bricking on me when I tried a map update. When speaking with Garmin rep, he said I did everything right, and offered me another 660, or a 760, 770, or 780 at no cost! I took the 780. Very similar to 770. Nice upgrades for the 780 are the traffic data now comes through the power cable rather than needing to be bluetoothed to your smart phone like the 770, and the map gives you a rudimentary shaded topo view (not a real topo).

Anyway, is there a way to export RV Parky itinerary into Garmin RV780???

Thanks,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #2
Tbos

I received a 770 the same way you received your 780. I haven’t figured out how to import an itinerary either. Hopefully someone will chime in and help us both.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't know if it would work with the 770 or 780, but we have a 500 (waterproof version for motorcycles) and the way we put in an itinerary is to set the final destination, then add "waypoints" along that route. Some of the waypoints have been 150-200 miles "off the original route" but our 500 navigates to each. The key, for us anyway, has been to make sure to put in the waypoints in the proper order. If not, most times it will take you to them in the order they are put in, not in the "logical distance" order. We couldn't figure out the RVParky addition to ours either.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
xrated

How ironic, I just registered with RV Parky and downloaded the app on my Android phone. I created a trip that we will be taking in a month or so to do the Virginia Creeper and saved it to my profile.

So Griz, if you go to RV Parky on your home computer (not the phone app) and sign in, you can bring up your saved trip(s). Once you do that, click on the "gear" icon up towards the top and by your privacy setting. That should give you a drop down list of options, and one of them will be "export trip". Select that and there is a choice of "export GPX". That may work for you, I don't know but it's worth a try. Like I said, I just downloaded the app this morning and signed up today. I have not been home yet to try and send it to my Garmin 760. If you are using the phone app, you can also use it to navigate to your destination via Google maps, Waze, Mapquest, and others, depending on what apps you have in your phone.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
How ironic, I just registered with RV Parky and downloaded the app on my Android phone. I created a trip that we will be taking in a month or so to do the Virginia Creeper and saved it to my profile.

So Griz, if you go to RV Parky on your home computer (not the phone app) and sign in, you can bring up your saved trip(s). Once you do that, click on the "gear" icon up towards the top and by your privacy setting. That should give you a drop down list of options, and one of them will be "export trip". Select that and there is a choice of "export GPX". That may work for you, I don't know but it's worth a try. Like I said, I just downloaded the app this morning and signed up today. I have not been home yet to try and send it to my Garmin 760. If you are using the phone app, you can also use it to navigate to your destination via Google maps, Waze, Mapquest, and others, depending on what apps you have in your phone.

Let me know where you camp near the Creeper Trail. I Love riding that trail but never found a nice CG near it.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote