Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #1
Scorn

Camper Choice???????????

I know that there are members that have these campers but I am leaning toward one but wanted some imput.

Passport Elite 23 RB

Bullet Premier 22BR

I like the open space in the passport and I also like the outside kitchen Premier.

My wife likes the Elite, happy wife happy life
Scorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
chartrand

The Premier is a bit more upscale than the Passport, I just recently purchased the Premier 22RBPR and should be taking delivery it sometime soon. I liked the outside kitchen so that was a big selling point for me, and I really like that front cap on the Premier.

But I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

-Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Scorn

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartrand View Post
The Premier is a bit more upscale than the Passport, I just recently purchased the Premier 22RBPR and should be taking delivery it sometime soon. I liked the outside kitchen so that was a big selling point for me, and I really like that front cap on the Premier.

But I don't think you could go wrong with either choice.

-Pat
What is the inside color of your Premier? White or Saddle? I found one for a great price and I am leaning toward it.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
zuley

It is my understanding that the "Elite" line is a step up from the standard Passport group. We take delivery of our 23RB in early May. We looked at numerous units and lines prior to pulling the trigger on the Elite. I was most impressed with the construction in comparison to some other manufacturerers we looked at. For us, being empty nesters, it was a great fix.
One thing to consider when looking at units with an outdoor kitchen unit which we did not know at the time... Unless you have a site with hydro the outdoor fridge will not work as they are 110v only, not dual powered as the indoor fridge is. We boondock quite often so the out door fridge was of no use to us. Funny how every salesman with the exception of one failed to mention that to us when we looked at TT's with outdoor kitchens even after discussing out camping preferences.
Which ever unit you deside on ENJOY!!
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorn View Post
What is the inside color of your Premier? White or Saddle? I found one for a great price and I am leaning toward it.

Thanks
I went with the Saddle decor.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
Scorn

Color & Outdoor kitchen

Quote:
I went with the Saddle decor.
Garden View, I like the Saddle but this is the only one they have left and its a great price.

What does the outside fridge run on propane, 12 volt electrice?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
x96mnn

I do not own either.

I do own a camper with an outdoor kitchen and will be one person who will never have a camper without one. I recall only heating up some wings inside during one of our classic camping cook offs but other then that all cooking is done outdoors. Keeps the mess out of the camper and I find it makes me think back when my family used to tent and made the big breakfast outside Before this we only mobile lived but now with the outdoor kitchen find I have connected a little bit back to my camping roots as much of a stretch as that may seam. Not to say a person could not or does not do just as much or more outdoors with out one I just found personally we always cooked inside other then the BBQ until we got the outdoor kitchen.

Just my 2 cents but if it came down to a camper with kitchen and one with out I would be taking the one with the kitchen.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorn View Post
Garden View, I like the Saddle but this is the only one they have left and its a great price.

What does the outside fridge run on propane, 12 volt electrice?

Thanks
The outside fridge is just electric. So once your in your campground, get it on so it can start cooling dow.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
fireidiot

I plug my outdoor fridge in usually a day or two before we leave. I then load it with whatever I need to keep cool, including a couple of frozen 1/2 gallons of water. The water usually will hold the fridge cold for a few hours until we get to out campsite (usually about 90 minute drive). Then I let the fridge sit in the off position for about 30 min to an hour, then turn it on.

I love our outdoor kitchen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #10
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireidiot View Post
I plug my outdoor fridge in usually a day or two before we leave. I then load it with whatever I need to keep cool, including a couple of frozen 1/2 gallons of water. The water usually will hold the fridge cold for a few hours until we get to out campsite (usually about 90 minute drive). Then I let the fridge sit in the off position for about 30 min to an hour, then turn it on.

I love our outdoor kitchen!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Good idea on the frozen 1/2 gallons of water to keep it cold. So do you fill milk jugs 1/2 way to do this?

-Pat
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
fireidiot

Quote:
Good idea on the frozen 1/2 gallons of water to keep it cold. So do you fill milk jugs 1/2 way to do this?

-Pat
Usually I just fill a 1/2 gallon jug about 80% full of water, cap it, and freeze it. My old TT was notorious for the pilot light going out while driving and then it would try and relight until it failed. Which caused an issue a few times, then I would use a gallon milk jug in that one. I found in our outdoor kitchen the 1/2 gallons fit better.