Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
camptails

Laredo vs Cougar

I am considering a Laredo 240MK. Those of you who have one can give me good advice I am sure. What are you using for pantry space? I am moving from a Outback 25rss so I probably am spoiled. The cavernous space under the sink has no drawers just doors. The doors on the back side of the counter by the bed seem useless because they open right into the bed. The Cougar puts drawers there which is an improvement, however I have no Cougar dealers near me. The cougar 21rbs and this Laredo are very very similar and they are beautiful inside and out. Thanks in advance.

RT
camptails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
tmpaes

I went through the exact same dilemma your going through right now. We narrowed our search down to the 240 MK and Cougar 21RBSWE, which is the western edition of the Cougar.

We ended up with the Cougar although both coaches we found comparable in quality of construction. One of the deciding factors for us you alluded to, which was drawers and storage. The TV location in the Laredo ate up a lot of cabinet storage and this was storage cabinets on the Cougar.

On the exterior we liked the extendable bumper on the Cougar that was rated for 200 lbs. and the front battery area on the western edition Cougar was a better fit for our needs. We dry camp 90% of the time and I need 4 6 volt batteries and I couldn't figure out where to put them on the Laredo.

I don't think you can go wrong with either model, Like you said they are nearly identical with their floor plans.
tmpaes is offline   Reply With Quote