Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #11
xrated

Not sure if it will help anyone or give you some ideas, but here are a couple of my garage area mods. My mods are mostly based around carrying two motorcycles, so check it out if you are interested.....

This first one shows how I added a piece of 3/4" plywood to the floor of the garage area and integrated the existing tie down point for helping to secure the wood. The bolts that hold down the Baxley wheel chocks were put up from the bottom of the plywood and recessed into it (Carriage bolts) to make them function as a stud sticking up. The Baxleys sit on top of them, then I run a nut down to secure them. If I need them out of the trailer, unscrew the nuts, lift them out and it takes about a minute. This mod allowed me to put the Baxley Wheel chocks in the trailer, make the secure, AND, not drill through the floor of the trailer. When I moved the existing tie down point trim plates on top of the plywood, I of course had to use longer wood screws to put the cover trim back on. The plywood is painted with some gray paint and there is 3/4" aluminum angle around the edges to keep everything tidy. You can also see in the background the bottom half of a roll-a-round tool chest. That too is anchored to an existing tie down point in the floor using a "J" hook and through the bottom of the tool box.

This one show the wheel chocks removed and it being used to store the dog crate. Up above the tool box area I've added a clothes rod across the bottom of the overhead storage cabinet. There is also one of the length of the Gladiator Gear Track with some assorted hooks/basket/storage trays. In the bottom left, you see a box that I built for my Big Red propane campfire ring...along with a 20 lb tank. ....

This pic is of my wooden box storage for the 4 paint buckets full of concrete with "E" bolts in the top of them. These are used as weights to help hold down the popup canopy when it gets a bit windy.

Closer shot of the front...

And a random shot of the storage slide out that I built and installed in the forward storage area of the trailer....
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage